ELD for O/O with a fleet of ONE

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Aces-N-Eights, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Aces-N-Eights

Aces-N-Eights Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Mobile, AL
    Hey folks.... Just wondering what devices other single-truck Owner/Op's are using? Not really wanting to use any truck stop device, or have to use my cell phone (because I hear bluetooth connectivity sucks on those devices).... Please advise what's working for you!! Thanks in advance!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    VDO roadlog- It’s directly plugged in to the diagnostic port, with an insulated wire to the unit. One of their units does not cost monthly. People seem to be statisfied with it, especially when compared to the WiFi cell phone e logs

daf105paccar Thanks this.
  4. Aces-N-Eights

Feb 21, 2018
    Mobile, AL
    I looked at the VDO. Almost seems too good to be true. Anyone having issues with these units? I keep hearing horror stories about some of these things...

5. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il

What year is your truck?
    Are you really that determined to really see thew ramifications of an E-log?
    Cause once you buy one-Your IN,Its Electronics-And you know how that goes.

Hang Loose for another Month with Paper- Some of These States are NOT going to Enforce the ELD (Wyoming-Tennesee,Misssouri) From what Ive Read

and I believe there will be ANOTHER bailout for the 1 truck operators to get a Pass.

Im Not getting one- And Im in a 2001 Truck.

6. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Umm on that Tennessee thing. Yeah the state legislature voted to not fund enforcement. Good PR move considering the number of Tennessee based companies.

However the funding for Coops comes from other sources than where they "cut off" funding from. Truth be told they wasted more money to write the crap on the paper and the vote than they had ever approved to actually enforce HOS or elogs.

Funding comes from MSCAP, Apportioned fuel tax, and FHWSA. None of which Tennessee's legislatures have control over. Personally I told my local idiot (Representative) that it was a black mark against him to waste my money with a grandstanding stunt such as that. Of course he used to be heavy in with a local company. He is on his way out for not supporting Constitutional Carry anyways.

Anyways if States start trying to not enforce parts of the FMCSR's they are going to lose MSCAP grants. Take them about three minutes to change their mind when the checks stop.

nax and Aces-N-Eights Thank this.
  7. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Don't forget VDO has been doing this for donkey years in the EU.

HopeOverMope and Aces-N-Eights Thank this.
  8. Aces-N-Eights

Feb 21, 2018
    Mobile, AL
    Is there a CUURENT bailout for one truck operators to avoid E-Logs in effect now? If so, can someone please quote the part of the new regulation that substantiates this?

9. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    no

10. Aces-N-Eights

Feb 21, 2018
    Mobile, AL
    Seems like there is a LOT of misinformation concerning ELD's floating around out there. New entrants into the O/O market, specifically myself, thank you.

11. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Hey Boss not trying to be funny, mean, etc

Look here when you have a question

Electronic Logging Devices

The folks writing the rules probably have a better idea of what is going on than Job Bob or Billy Big Rigger at the lunch counter, internet board, etc etc etc

DSK333 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.