ELD inspection

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Blairworks, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Blairworks

Blairworks Bobtail Member

May 28, 2018
    Texas
    Just curious if I have been fortunate. Since the mandate I have been full blown inspected a few times and several other times been asked to bring in paperwork and so on at the scales and not one officer has asked to see my logs. Has this been happening to anyone else? Just curious.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I had an inspection in Kentucky last week. They did the level 3 inspection. They didn't ask for my logs either.

4. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    It happened to me before the elog mandate. They would ask about my logs and I would tell them I have elogs, they would say ok and move on. Two years otr and never had my logbook inspected once.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  5. Odin's Rabid Dog

Odin's Rabid Dog Heavy Load Member

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    In my 9 months OTR, I was asked to email/fax my elogs to an officer once. (I80, just east of Echo, UT.)

The (very friendly and pleasant, yet still totally professional) officer didn't spend much time looking at them, just a quick glance through his print out. I think he was looking for red ink.

6. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    When you or your company have been on elogs for years they never look at you. Elogs are for professionals and business people. Paper logs are for people who have no idea what they are doing , poor broke destitute , non business people or cave men.

7. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Speak for yourself...lmao

Im on paper, and snagging $4/mile runs.

Just completed a quickie 400 mile run (flagged as a 2-day run by XPO). Offloaded 13 hrs early....and I'm all legal

singlescrewshaker and Lite bug Thank this.
  8. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Elogs are for people who are too lazy to think for themselves. If I was making 6 bucks a mile I'd be putting a lot more miles on than I am right now.

9. Atlanta trucker

Jan 25, 2017
    That is a great idea , i will take your advise to speak for myself , please and thank you.

10. Atlanta trucker

Jan 25, 2017
    Keep hope alive my brother. Hope is the idea that your present isnt as bad as your future. And your future can be bright if you keep working on learning instead of working on earning.

11. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I believe both serve a purpose. No one is lazy for using elogs and no one is an unprofessional caveman for using paperlogs. My company is a driveaway/towaway operation with 3 fleet vehicles. The 3 fleet vehicles use ELD's per the mandate and our driveaway commodities are all done on paperlogs. ELD's are great for OTR. Paper is great when you are driving a commodity.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.