Electronic drivers logs anyone use them ?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by xkmail, Jan 14, 2006.

1. xkmail

xkmail Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2006
    Anyone using electronic drivers logs like Xora on Nextel or laptop?
    What does a cop say when he pulls you over and wants to see your log and its ona computer?
    kevin

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BUBBABONE

BUBBABONE Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2005
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    i really havent been in that situation but according to info i have gathered you have to have a printer if you have your logs on computer and be able to print the logs the dot man wants.

4. PortlandDriver

PortlandDriver RIP, May You Be Heaventown Bound!

May 30, 2005
    Pacific Northwest
    Also, unless the rules have changed, the log has to be written by the driver...

5. TurboTrucker

TurboTrucker Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Rossville, Georgia
    Here's what the guidance says about electronic logs:

Question 28: May a driver use a computer to generate his or her record of duty status (log book) and then manually sign the computer printouts in lieu of handwritten logs?

Guidance: A driver may use a computer to generate the graph grid and entries for the record of duty status or log book, provided the computer-generated output includes the minimum information required by §395.8 and is formatted in accordance with the rules. In addition, the driver must:

1. Be capable of printing the record of duty status for the current 24-hour period at the request of an enforcement officer.

2. Print the record of duty status at the end of each 24-hour period, and sign it in his or her handwriting to certify that all entries required by this section are true and correct.

3. Maintain a copy of printed and signed records of duty status for the previous 7 consecutive days and make it available for inspection at the request of an enforcement officer.

In other words, you must print out each log at the end of the day, and sign it. You do not necessarily have to keep them on your computer after printing them, and there should be not reason for an officer to want to see your computer, and will instead ask you for a printing of the log your are currently working on for the day as it is at the moment he stops you.

SpyderRyder Thanks this.
  6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Hmmm. Electronic logs? Doesn't Werner use these? I thought I read a horror story somewhere in here about Werner and their electronic logs.

7. hankhill

hankhill Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2006
    www.driversdailylog.com

This is one of the greatest things I have ever used. I have gotten pulled into the scales in CA. They pulled me around back and asked to see my log book and i handed her my lap top. The officer loved it. She thought it was very easy to use from her point of view. She said the best part was the fact that she could very easly read everything.

hank hill

Civilservant and Lady K Thank this.
  8. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Yep, I have been using DriversDailyLog since about 1996 or so. I have every version of DDL saved to CD, right down to the 4th version (I am not sure of the version number) It has prevented me MANY TIMES from getting a ticket, and I have NEVER gotten a log-book related ticket since I started using it. Only had ONE problem in California, CHP wanted me to print out TWO copies of the "8 days", even though you really only have to show ONE copy. While I was printing, he kept pounding on my drivers door while I was in the bunk trying to print them. I finally told him that if he pounded on my truck again, I wasnt going to show him a thing and he would have to call a Supervisor.

Civilservant Thanks this.
  9. the-waco-kid

the-waco-kid Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2006
  10. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana

Many companies are allowing drivers to use driversdailylog.com and if they don't allow the print out copy then you can still use it, but copy from the computer to your log sheet (don't make mistakes copying from computer to log though). I love my drivers using the program since the logs are nicely printed and it usually helps the drivers on their 11,14, 70 & split breaking and the log auditor can actually read everything! YEAH I LOVE DRIVERDAILYLOG and it is fairly cheap considering the fines you could pay! So everyone get computer tech (it is easy to use, ONCE YOU LEARN IT!)
    Anyhow I sell enough of their program and get nothing for it, so I am done selling it! They won't cut me a little piece of anything, that is the downfall! I sell at least 6 a month for them, if it wasn't for me the would not have those 6 or more! Ok good nite ask me more and I will tell, cause I am looking out for the truckers (thats what it is all about for me:blah5: ) :) [​IMG]

11. IAMGREAT

IAMGREAT Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2006
    BUTTE AMERICA !!!
    They and WERNER "ARE' a nightmare!!!:smt081

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.