EMERGENCY MONEY DISCUSSION:

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Russian Rabbit, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    I mean no offense to anyone here but what folks are grasping is when the economy completely implodes, there is no safe place to turn to make money. Like literally nobody has money and nobody spends money and nobody makes money. That’s how the economy works in reverse against itself. Some guy posting he’ll take up lawn care service. Well, most people are going to eliminate that and there’s already tens of thousands of people willing to do that kind of work most of which snuck across the border.

Are used to buy old antique furniture and refinish it I made a killing at it for many years. More than I ever dreamed making in truck driving. How is that fair now? I’d probably be sitting for months before I got a customer. People just aren’t spending right now and rightfully so. The system can implode. That’s the entire point of all of this. We need to get things open back up as soon as possible. or We’re all doomed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I think we are a ways off of a full economic implosion. If that happens cutting our grass will be the least of our concerns. Eating will be top of the list. Even during the Great Depression there wasn’t a total implosion. It was very difficult time for many of our family members. In my case it caused my Grandfather and Grandmother to keep anything that had any possible use for the rest of their lives. My Grandfather wouldn’t throw a bolt away because he told me time after time “I couldn’t get parts back in those days, I had to make do with what I had”. I hope we don’t have to make do with what we have, but you never know.

4. sabresfan 76

sabresfan 76 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2019
    Look into trash hauling and groceries. Also look into any dedicated accounts that maybe hiring. Their not 100k jobs but their steady. I've been doing 55 hour plus weeks since this started. We are finally slowing down but we're going to 4 day weeks. I can live with 35-40 hours for a few months.

D.Tibbitt and Mike2633 Thank this.
  5. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Food service is doing absolutely nothing now with the restaurants shut down.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  6. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    It'll come down to diversity & necessity.

Just look back at history in the early 1930's. Money was scarce & food was necessary. People worked in exchange for food, so, food becomes money in a sense. They worked and were paid with food. People in rural areas fared way better than city dwellers. People who owned land free & clear mostly did ok.

Necessary items became money, people worked in exchange for necessary items. People saved everything, why, because it may have a use in the future or could be used to trade for something else of tangible value.

My point is this, when, not if, the US dollar isn't worth the paper it's printed on anymore, what will become valuable is tangible property necessary for survival, no matter what it is.

People who are depending on the government to help them survive are going to be severely in want. The handwriting is on the wall boys, become more self-reliant, strive to be dependent free of any government assistance or utilities.

The best advice I could give right now, while a dollar is still worth a dollar, is to purchase land, debt free, and any items you'll need for self subsistence. It doesn't need to be much, you can grow and raise a lot on an acre of land....

7. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    This is one time I’m glad I do reefer freight. People are gonna have to eat, so hopefully it doesn’t slow down for me. If I were a few of you I might look into a regional reefer gig to help out.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  8. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    i just ordered a pizza---dominos seems to be doing well, and i would assume all other take-out type places?

Also, i know a few drivers who "defected" to dominos truck driving, not pizza delivery and they say they are busy as hell. And that they now don't pickup the used racks due to the virus----another truck follows them and these returns have to go thru a special scanner when it gets back to the warehouse?

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  9. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Pizza Hut, Dominos and Papa Johns are okay. The sit down places though not so much. We have customers who have been open for pick up this entire time and there orders into us are very very light. So there not moving that much. Dominos and the like we’re never sit down places though.

Dominos was always known and famous for pick up and delivery. Especially Delivery they invented that.

There’s a lot of Pizza places that are really pick up and delivery only so those places wouldn’t have been affected as much to begin with.

Cardfan89 and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  10. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    The best pizza I ever had was in NYC, Brooklyn. Those boy's know how to make pizza, wouldn't want to be there right now though....

11. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Where’s my money I applied for the quick 10K

D.Tibbitt and Mike2633 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.