End dump in the winter couple questions

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Zacgehret, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Zacgehret

Zacgehret Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2018
    Kilbourne il
    I am pretty fat and kind of lazy but to be honest I would just forget to take them out in the morning and I only have 3 to start with company don't buy them I'm the only short dump with bows and a tarp and only reason I got them is cuz I dug them out of the scrap pile and straightened them out

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Zacgehret

Zacgehret Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2018
    Kilbourne il
    This crap is super wet like slimy we should be done before the really cold weather hits just now getting below freezing it rides for about an hour and a half in the trailer so shouldn't freeze solid more worried about it just freezing to the side or bottom

4. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    I use a little diesel a couple times per day as needed.
    In the corners where stuff can really stick cooking spray works great. If at times it will not all come out bang the gate a few times to shock it. Or drive ahead over a few bumps with the box up say a quarter of the way and then back up and try dumping again.
    Climbing in with a shovel to dislodge the last few frozen clumps if need be on occasion.

5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Yes, freeing to the walls of the trailer is your primary concern from a dump safety perspective but if it doesn’t have sufficient time for more than perhaps an inch of product to freeze solid, hopefully you’ll be okay then and the bulk of the load will fall out easily enough.

Wet 1 inch gravel that’s been piled in cold weather for some days for instance can freeze solid all the way through in some situations relatively fast.

Zacgehret Thanks this.
  6. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    The material freezing in the can is a big concern. It’s a shame that while hauling product, you can eeally use the throw away liners we used when i was in the waste world. It was a pain to climb in the box to line every single load, but we rarely if ever had to break out a shovel or get that big frozen pile in the nose.

Stop that. You put the work in, don’t be the goober who destroys your own freaking work!!! Smh.

We had a mix of bows in our trailers. Some had metal some had fiberglass, some had both. I never loaded over the metal bows, my butt went up & in every time. We even had a guy i named Turtle he carried a shorty ladder to get him up to the body’s steps. He was Four foot nothing & belly that was five foot wide. Lmao. Oh Turtle, i wonder what ever happened to him???? I’ll prolly never know.

7. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    In calcium be very careful not to get it on leather shoes. It will eventually shrink them down a size or two.

Zacgehret Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.