Endorsments

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by zigstar, Jun 19, 2016.

1. zigstar

zigstar Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Is it pointless to add tanker endorsement without obtaining hazmat endorsement?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Giuseppe Ventolucci

Giuseppe Ventolucci Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Short answer: NO!

Get all endorsements if you can. You never know when you'll need them. Give yourself a better oportunity to get hired

HalpinUout, Toomanybikes and zigstar Thank this.
  4. zigstar

zigstar Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Thanks man. These LTL companies wane doubles mostly. But with tanker, I guess you are limited with milk, or food only?

5. Giuseppe Ventolucci

Giuseppe Ventolucci Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Doubles and HazMat are the most important, but Tankers test is a piece of cake. It's actually one of the easiest test. Takes less than 5 mins to answer the questions. It shouldn't be an issue to add Tankers to your license

Bob Dobalina and zigstar Thank this.
  6. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Tanker endorsement is required if you ever haul liquids in bulk totes like latex based paints. I have my tanker endorsement specifically for that because my company has a contact pulling those loads from memphis to south mn, and from Baltimore going ask over. Definitely get all your endorsements, me personally i don't like hauling wiggle wagons, so i won't be getting my doubles/triples.

7. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    You need Hazmat for LTL, period. And for a new rule about bulk totes of liquid hazmat, you need tanker (although the situation that requires it by law is rare in LTL). Anyone wanting to get into LTL needs all endorsements. In my case, the only one I actually don't need is Doubles since my company only pulls long boxes.

8. Indignant trucker

Indignant trucker Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2016
    I used my tanker endorsement to haul production water and fresh water in the oil patchs of North Dakota and Eastern Montana. I earned $6,000 a month during the winter of 2014-2015.
    To date I still haven't used my HazMat.

9. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Don't forget your passenger endorsement so you be a school bus driver. NOT!

TravR1 and Bob Dobalina Thank this.
  10. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    The Passenger endorsement will not let you drive a school bus. That is a separate endorsement. I have a Class C passenger endorsement. That allows me to carry the little old ladies to church. By doing that I make up for the fact that I cuss all those mother loving four wheelers

11. justa_driver

justa_driver Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Tennessee
    I would just get them all to start with. That way you wont have to go back until you license expires and wont have to stand in line for hours trying to get one certain endorsement. Right now, the only one you have to retest for when you renew your license is Hazmat.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    Lucy in the Sky Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.