Engine derated no codes

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by EWV, Dec 14, 2019.

1. EWV

EWV Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2016
    Hi everyone needing some brain storming ideas please.

2006 kw w900l cat c15 accert

Check engine light came on with flash code 55...i know i know i know its a no code no issue code BUT this engine has derated and i cant get more than 35 boost out if it now at the most.

Usually if i get a 55 code the coolant might of dipped a bit low etc..ive checked all the usual suspects for that and it all looks good and i know wouldnt derate it anyway.

So just wondered if anyone else had run into this issue?
    Going to try find a shop 2moro that can put the computer on it for any hidden codes.

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. EWV

EWV Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2016
    Update edit

The check engine light went out whilst i was driving and the boost returned to normal - 45 / 50.

Then i stopped and high idled due to temp for my 30 min break. As i took off the check engine light came back on and boost restricted again but only for about 3 mins then the light went off and boost returned again.

Stopped again for 15mins and as soon as i took off check engine light back on and boost restricted but this time it is didnt go out.

Should i be looking for a wire thats rubbing / is it just having a brain fart becoz ive had -22c / -7f or is there a looming engine or turbo issue??

Thanks

4. pushbroom

pushbroom Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Flash code only displays active codes. It might have inactive codes that only become active when driving. Needs to get on a laptop

Heavyd, AModelCat, EWV and 1 other person Thank this.
  5. EWV

EWV Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2016
    Ok thanks..was thinking we need to get it hooked up

6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    ECM will save every code that has become active since the last time they were cleared. Get it on ET and you'll see which component is suspect.

Goodysnap and EWV Thank this.
  7. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    When you stop ck level in rad and fuel filter if it has a see thru type filter

EWV Thanks this.
  8. EWV

EWV Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2016

Yea already done the rad. The fuel filter isnt a clear one...maybe chsnge thr filters coz it got so cold?
    Will put the computer on it 1st tho.
    Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.