Entertainment Industry Driving Jobs

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by MrChuck53, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Svoray

Svoray Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Texas
    I apologize from my joking replies.

Anyhow, I know a new driver who in turn knows a driver in the business. His friend told him to come back in two years! Personally, they don't pay enough for me to do it. Now I'm no expert but I would suggest a 2yr tour with Greyhound if you want to drive tour buses...maybe combine it with a couple years of OTR.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. grovestrucking

grovestrucking Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2012
    I looking into starting into the entertainment Industry in trucking. Does anybody know any good places to start, or to get more information? I am an owner/operator with several trucks and trailers looking to branch out. I am also wanting to know a what the normal pay rate to gigs like this. Would it be the same rate as anything else?

My company is out of Nashville, we might be interested message me more details if you havent found anyone-

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2012
  4. monkeypuncher

monkeypuncher Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    dallas,tx
    I did it for 5 years and probably was home a total of 150 days. If you don't mind living in the truck and driving in ALL road conditions apply. But they are strict on the experience. Oh yeah winter it is busy in the north, summer is busy in the south, so you will be driving in adverse conditions. And be prepared for some challenging driving, you will be going downtown.

5. Are We There Yet

Are We There Yet Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Wanderville US
    Here we go. We have a 22 week concert going out and are looking for a driver. Minimum of 5 years experience and no accidents/no tickets. We hired a driver and had his plane ticket booked for Sunday, got him drug tested and and then his MVR came in. My eyes are still crossed from reading all the suspensions and violations. I guess he thought when I asked if he had a clean driving record he thought I was asking if it was printed on a clean piece of paper.

The first truck is scheduled to go out for equipment pickup on Monday. The scond truck has to pick up the set on Thursday. So as the business goes, the hustle and bustle begins. We also have a 8 week concert that will start with equipment pickup the last week of June.

Please take the time to read the above postings by Sho-Tyme and Moving on Down the Road. IMPORTANT and so very true.....

If interested, please let me know, send me a contact email and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

6. monkeypuncher

Feb 28, 2009
    dallas,tx
    Sent you a PM...sounds interesting.

7. Are We There Yet

Are We There Yet Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Wanderville US
    Just got up and pumping coffee into my bloodstream. Back to work in a few.

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  8. monkeypuncher

Feb 28, 2009
    dallas,tx
    Same here....have a great weekend. Hope you got my email.

9. Drail232003

Drail232003 Bobtail Member

May 21, 2012
    Spartanburg, SC
    I want to do it so bad but the time away from my kids would kill me! Im so detail oriented that I think I would be a great tour bus driver. Researched it for 3 years and I just think I would fit in well in that line of work. Great thread, I signed up just so I could post on it. Maybe one day I'll get to see some of y'all on a tour somewhere...after the kids are older

10. monkeypuncher

Feb 28, 2009
    dallas,tx
    I have been in this industry for over 5 years now and I have NEVER been treated "like dirt", in fact we have always been treated like one of the crew (which we are). Maybe it is your attitude or you have never been on tour before.

chopper103in Thanks this.
  11. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    I had thought about getting into this type of driving and reading what the experienced drivers have said it does not sound too bad, I know after talking to a few drivers that do this type of hauling it is more stressful and demanding than most other fields of transportation. I would like to thank others that share experience in this line of work, it sounds interesting.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.