EPES TRANSPORT-Greensboro, NC

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Gazoo, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Mitchell Headen

Mitchell Headen Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2015
    I knew they had a lot. Didn't know it was that many though.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
  4. SCar72

SCar72 Light Load Member

Just cleaned out my Truck five minutes ago. Drove for them for seven days and had to call it. Castrated Trucks that cant pull a incline faster than 56, low mile dispatches with way to much time. Stayed out my first weekend to run some miles. Was given two dispatches totaling 500 miles. To many restriction for me and don't even get me started on their high value loads and not being able to stop at all in the first 200 miles!

The Magtec device alone is worth quitting over!

Im not saying Epes is a bad place to work, just not a good fit for a Driver that expects to run and enjoy the freedom of being a Truck Driver. Epes has it's place in the Industry, a good place for new Drivers. If one is experienced and likes freedom, one will feel imprisoned there.

DM was a sweet heart, weekend Dispatch was clueless as seemed their Maintance associates. Recruiter did tell me the Company had no Idling policy when I asked. In Orentation, bombshelks were dropped. No handless headset, no pulling on side of road, no U-Turns and a 30% Idle policy. Could also at times be forced into NYC.

If you're looking to get your foot into Trucking, Epes may be the place? If you have a few years or more experience and come from a unrestricted Driving environment, Epes will smoother you.

Typed in a moving Car on my Cell... forgive mistakes.

5. DrummingTrucker

DrummingTrucker Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Hope you weren't texting and driving..ahem..cough...cough

6. SCar72

SCar72 Light Load Member

Was a Passenger, GF was Driving. Can't stand people who Text and Drive. Thanks for asking. lol!

7. DrummingTrucker

DrummingTrucker Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2015
  8. jhenry0618

jhenry0618 Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2016

I'm interested in getting on with Epes!! I applied for a dedicated account just opened up for Home Goods in Gainesville, Ga. Home every night Monday-Friday and occasional Saturday. Is it easy to get on with this company?

9. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Have been gone over two years. They were picky back then , could not tell you about now. Was good to me overall.

10. rollinthruwoods

rollinthruwoods Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Is there any way you can send me a PM? I've been with them about 8 months now and so far so good!

11. rollinthruwoods

rollinthruwoods Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    A few more weeks and I'll have my one year anniversary. Company is still making it so that I don't want to seek employment elsewhere. There are some good people here.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.