EPES TRANSPORT-Greensboro, NC

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Gazoo, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Teamster5

Teamster5 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2017
    I just wonder why NE regional has only 1 dispatcher out of Chester VA.

2. Teamster5

Teamster5 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2017
    The pay is 55 cpm for NE regional but average of only 1600 miles a week away from home and expenses and only 1 dispatcher with his buddy planner out of Chester VA doesn't make it a good bussiness. Company is gonna go down the drain faster than a lot of drivers think. The turnover right now is more than half. The only way is to bring the union in so drivers can get a better pay. Hopefully they'll close and there will be much more freight for other companies and that means a lot more openings for everyone

3. Teamster5

Teamster5 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Onboard cameras are coming in that means harassing drivers. Looking for what you're doing wrong even though you could be a 25 yr driver without an accident in your whole career. Those cameras will be a good way to belittle you as a driver

4. Teamster5

Teamster5 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2017
    I believe if you are away from home as a company driver you should get paid al least 76 cpm and that's low compared to what company makes on each trip of you.

5. Teamster5

Teamster5 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Miles should be paid by the hub and that's the fair way to be paid. Any other way they're stealing miles and money of each driver. If they take 20 miles from each driver but you know they are getting paid by customer those 20 miles I guarantee you that. That means 20 miles out of 500 drivers a week is a lot of money a year for them. And less for the driver. That's like 10,000 miles a week they're stealing from the drivers.

6. Teamster5

Teamster5 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2017
    And I know that's a small figure as an example. Trust me is a hell a lot more than that a week they're stealing from you.

7. Teamster5

Teamster5 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2017
    And they need they're 401k with Vanguard cause with vanguard you get 6% of what you put in. What do you get now?

8. Teamster5

Teamster5 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2017
    I can assured you drivers that they're stealing over a million dollars a year on the miles that you drive by such call practical miles. Look at your hub on a trip and finish trip see how many miles you really ran and compare it to what they gave you on those so called practical miles. And will assure you that the customer paid your company those you didn't get as a driver.

9. Teamster5

Teamster5 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Great bussiness huh!

10. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Been in around over 80 years ! So any day now right ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.