Eric Stonestreet To Produce Truck Stop Comedy For ABC

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by GA_Rookie, Oct 9, 2014.

1. GA_Rookie

GA_Rookie Medium Load Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Northwest, GA
    Modern Family star Eric Stonestreet is staying in the family with his first producing effort, a comedy at ABC and 20th TV, the network and studio behind the Emmy-winning series. The project, Big Stop also is keeping Stonestreet close to his real-life family as it is set in his native Kansas. Written by Jerry Collins (The Bernie Mac Show), Big Stop is described as a multi-camera comedy with a modern take on family and today’s current issues as seen through the lens of a bustling Kansas truck stop where stories and characters, like big rigs, come rolling in off the highway everyday. Stonestreet and longtime friend Collins executive produce.

A couple of years ago, Collins visited Stonestreet in his home state. “He wanted the Kansas Fourth of July experience,” Stonestreet said. That experience stuck with Collins and Stonestreet when they started hashing out ideas for a TV show. “We wanted a workplace comedy that felt organic,” Stonestreet said about the choice of setting. “Truck stops are the airports of the highways where all sorts of characters with their stories come through. It is relatable — no matter if you’re a businessman or a politician or a regular guy, we all find ourselves at a truck stop at one time or another.”

Stonestreet said he got the producing bug while “being surrounded by so many talented people and funny writers” on Modern Family. “When my great days on the show end, I’d like to have the opportunity to continue to create and produce and get a show on the air one day that is hopefully as good as Modern Family.”

Source: http://deadline.com/2014/10/eric-stonestreet-comedy-abc-846050/

gpsman Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I like his "gay character" on Modern Family. If they can do what they did with Modern Family, it will be a great show, but lets be honest, Sophia Vergara and Julie Bowen REALLY help make the that show more enjoyable and I don't see that level of stunning beauty making their way into this new sitcom. But I'll be looking forward to it, still. Sounds kind of like Evening Shade with Burt Reynolds in the early 90's.

4. Ebola Guy

Ebola Guy Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Manitowoc, WI
    Hmm.... a comedy set in a truckstop. I can see the stereotypical characters.

- the hard working every day driver
    - the lazy driver
    - the too-old-to-drive old timer driver
    - the fat comic relief driver
    - an hornery old woman cashier/waitress
    - the not-so-smart maintenance guy
    - the young I-could-care-less cashier
    - the sassy delivery guy be it pepsi or gasoline.

And what hijinks would happen at said truckstop?

- a driver takes his break at the fuel island
    - there are no showers available
    - the classic snow storm/tornado where everyone is stuck there episode
    - a missing child episode
    - a very special name-your-tragedy awareness episode

Nah, if it makes it to the pilot episode, I'd be surprised.

Shaggy Thanks this.
  5. david123abc

david123abc Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    You forgot the flashbacks to previous episodes episode.

6. Ebola Guy

Ebola Guy Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Manitowoc, WI
    Yeah or the thing like How I Met Your Mother did, flashbacks to events prior the show.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    Will be truck drivers is dumb, Waitresses are loose and Truck stop food is good. Bam! Nailed the first season :)
    Where's my TTR emmy ?

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    Phil dunphie and ed o'neill make the show. The woman is eye candy.

9. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

It's like a train wreck I just can't tear my eyes away from.

Place your bets there's going to be at least one Roseanne/Mimi type character.

and a Skeeter there's got to be a guy name Skeeter.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.