Establishing Credit as a new brokerage?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by GusBussss, Sep 12, 2018.

1. GusBussss

GusBussss Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2018
    Hey Guys,

I am new in the Transportation Brokerage scene and am needing a little bit of help.

I work for a company that has been established for 10 years but our brokerage transportation is new and I am developing it. We would like to eliminate the factoring company and pay our carriers within hours directly with no fees.

We have the funds to operate like this, the issue we are facing is that drivers look up our MC through factoring companies and we show up with no payment history or credit. Is there a way to establish credit and payment history without using the factoring company?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Sign up with DAT and ask them about this. They will ask you some questions and ultimately if everything checks out they will give you a 100 credit score and days to pay that you claim.

They understand it’s detrimental to your business to have no rating. With time the factoring companies who can be a real PITA will start reporting. They will send the paperwork a week or more after delivery but expect to be in que for payment based on the delivery date. It’s ridiculous really. So at that point you’ll be paying out at 15 to 21 days to get a 30 day report even though you can’t bill the customer until you get the paperwork. It’s a real you know what. You’ll end up appreciating the carriers who don’t factor, but find that 50%+ at the least do.

Definitely be prepared to get some skeptical carriers though. At that point send wires and ease their worries. Just make sure and have the shipper go out and check the door and mc that it’s not double brokered.

Good luck I just saved you thousands in in future headaches. lol

Oh and edit: Your surety bond date of service to savvy carriers means more then the mc number. A surety maintained for several years means no claims.

DSK333 Thanks this.
  4. truckholic

truckholic Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2019
    midwest trucker ............have you figured out the way out of it?
    we are new broker with truck stop, as soon you pay your first carrier in few days, your number of days you pay carrier goes down and that get lots of trucker's attention.
    please share your experience,

5. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Figured way out of what exactly?

Get on DAT and fill out their credit form. You likely can start out at 100 which helps. Seems to me like only factoring companies report on days to pay or credit for the most part.

Not saying favor the factoring companies but definitely don’t mess with them either as they are more likely to report.

6. truckholic

Jan 31, 2019
    As i mentioned in my earlier post, i am with truck stop where when i post loads and when carrier click on it they see how many days it took broker to pay carrier, currently ours is about 10..... meaning carrier get their payment from us in 10 days. i am not on DAT.

7. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    If you're a broker, you should be.

8. truckholic

Jan 31, 2019
    i hear you but i looked at DAT but decided to stay with TS, i only do heavy haul...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.