ESTES Express (5 Year Review)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by KaoMinerva, Oct 3, 2018.

1. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

No not anymore. R+L Carriers at the moment.

idk exactly never heard of it. I thought it was wild teams or scheduled teams. If I had to take a good guess I would say maybe filling in for scheduled teams around the area but I could be wrong...

Could also be you run with different team guys filling in for dudes on vacation or what not so the schedule team can keep moving. SOUNDS HORRIBLE though.

@KaoMinerva what is a FLEX TEAM over at big E???

Id make sure you look heavy into ODFL and UPS ground. They are at the top of the scale especially those money bags UPS guys!!

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking_Surfer

Trucking_Surfer Bobtail Member

Ok thanks guys, I actually applied for a Team @ R&L last week, they called me 15 min after I applied, recruiter said they would call me back that day, or the next day, it's been 1 week, Lol. Although I called them back, but haven't actually got this person on the phone. I'll look into ODFL too, I seen a UPS Team hiring in my city, but i think it's UPS freight?

4. jtaran06

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

I would prolly put R+L at the bottom of your list for teams. But they will work you more than you want to work.

5. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    @jtaran06 man Ive seen R&L dropping their rates like crazy, for instance a shipment that was supposed to go the the carrier I work at for south Dakota was quoted at $3200 dls R&L took it for $1700dls.:confused:

I really dont know if R&L is making any profit by dropping the prices that low.

Trucking_Surfer, MACK E-6 and jtaran06 Thank this.
  6. jtaran06

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

That's why they have been swamped since I came here over a year ago. They have so much freight it's insane. Crying when you want a day off or go in early cause they are busy.

Makes sense. Haul it cheap keep taking on freight make drivers quit working too much and then make customers mad your 3 days late cause you have no drivers to haul the ####.

7. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    I think flex team is that extra board team stuff. It's completely unnecessary in my opinion because you can make the same thing running hard on extra board!

Muskie, jtaran06 and Trucking_Surfer Thank this.
  8. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    UPS has been on a huge team driver hiring spree over the past couple of years because they’re taking packages off the rail lines and putting them on the road. From what I’ve heard, they’re paying insane amounts of money for 3-4 day team runs.

9. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    Do you guys in LTL ever bring one of those Walmart coolers with you to plug into your cigarette lighter by the radio in the cab, so you can bring along food to heat up if you're staying overnight in a hotel? Or have cold water/drinks while you're driving?

I think LTL extraboard would be a bit easier than OTR in the regard that since you're home WAY more often with LTL than going 1 month + without seeing home OTR, that you can bring your home cooked food with you and put in a cooler in the truck while you drive. Then when you get to the hotel put in the fridge and heat it up in the microwave when you're ready for dinner.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  10. jtaran06

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

My buddy @ estes currently does this. It fits between dash and passenger seat.

11. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    I keep telling you guys the otr part of LTL as they say IS NOT LIKE TRUCKLOAD OTR. The only way you'll be away from your family for a month is if you tell central dispatch to keep you moving. They will never force or even mention you staying out that long... Ever.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.