ESTES Express (5 Year Review)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by KaoMinerva, Oct 3, 2018.

1. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

Learning to back the dolly on the lead helps. You have a bad dolly after you hook with a massive air leak you can go dump it grab another slam right back together.

Muskie and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Muskie

Muskie Medium Load Member

Feb 27, 2019
    I see the point. But alot of times, especially at night, I can't see that dolly well enough back there behind the trailer. I know alot of drivers that don't ever back their dolly on the lead and haven't in many years. More often just by close inspection you'll catch the issues before even picking up the dolly. Same goes for pups. Just a preference in choice.

jtaran06 and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  4. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    And there is always the risk of a high hook. You have to get good at judging when the dolly is underneath the trailer, especially when it is too high, and when it's dark out.

It's a process. It's worth learning, but you have to be careful.

Or just slam the ####ers and see what happens. That works too. Lol

Muskie, LPjunior1970 and jtaran06 Thank this.
  5. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    Hey guys quick question - This is how I pronounce Estes, is this right?

Es - Tees (the "es" pronounced like the Spanish "es" and the "tees" the same as "tee shirt").

Tomato - Tomahto, but just for the record so if I get on with Estes I don't sound like an idiot during the interview - What's the correct pronunciation for the company?

I'm in NC not sure if regional accents will make a difference in how it's pronounced or not.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  6. jtaran06

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky
    @KaoMinerva I hear on that Dallas lay down over at the Hilton they send you to you have a bubble bath ready. Rose petals on bed and hot breakfast. A hot chick ready give you a message before you count sheep.

You LTL guys got it made bro

7. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    That's why you run the air, seal off the lines that will supply your rear, and test the lines all at once before you even move the dolly.

I back to the dolly I want and leave the trailer air running. I put the dolly on the truck and test the air lines right there. If it's bad, I drop and get another. If it's good, I hook it all up and pull it with the air flowing through the dolly.

8. stanleyds88

stanleyds88 Light Load Member

May 26, 2019
    Ess tiss

LtlAnonymous and BeHereNow97 Thank this.
  9. stanleyds88

stanleyds88 Light Load Member

May 26, 2019
    How do you get the dolly on the pintle hook with the trailer brakes still released?

LtlAnonymous and LPjunior1970 Thank this.
  10. 59EX

59EX Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2015

Man I tried backing a dolly behind a lead my first week and can not do that #### for love or money. I don't now what I am doing wrong but I need to learn for the exact reason you stated.

FWIW I can hook a set out in the open in about 15min. Proper pre trip and all. I think you kind of have to learn to enjoy doing it or you end up being frustrated.

LtlAnonymous and jtaran06 Thank this.
  11. jtaran06

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

Took me a while to learn it. I'm not like the best at it. I sometimes have to pull up 5 times and sometimes I hit it first try. I used to watch guys do it and be like #### I need learn that.

My buddy when we ran team at r&l could do it like a #### pro with that big sleeper. He gave me few pointers.

Over here at FedEx ground you never see anyone doing it. Lot of guys do good just to drive the truck bobtail

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.