ESTES Express (5 Year Review)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by KaoMinerva, Oct 3, 2018.

1. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    This dude literally refuses to work. While I was getting 800 miles a week you were getting 2700

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

Who was the real one refusing to work. You were sitting at home playing battlefield I was out there turning miles.

4. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    :mad:

5. Chadtrucker

Chadtrucker Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2021
    Hey drivers, so not too long ago I started at 005 (Winchester, VA) as a P&D driver. I'm liking it so far, feel like I've been doing good at it. Been wondering about how the extra board/linehaul and the combo/hub positions work. I know extra board mainly involves being 5 out and 2 at home. Any chance of ever seeing a daytime route as linehaul? Being northeast obviously changes things too and I know each terminal is different. Would appreciate the advice any of you have regardless of location.

6. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    Dude you'll be waiting forever for a day line haul. I had one before. I didn't even hold it a week before I got bumped lol. I did the run 2 days and got removed by someone with more seniority.

7. -Clem

-Clem Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2019
    Anyone here out of the Knoxville terminal? I keep reading that your experience depends a lot on the terminal you're based out of so I'm wondering what it's like here. Chattanooga is also an option.

8. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky

My old team partner was out of Knoxville. He hated it. When it was slow he never could get out and ran a lot of northeast seeing a lot of west middlesex freight comes from there.

9. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    Well I heard they're building or already built a new terminal for knox. The problem is just the geography. It's basically the east and you know what that means. 055 all day!

I ran across a guy that ran out of Greenville. He was on the board 8 years bro. He got off because the east finally ran him into the ground. Said he ain't ever going back board lol.

10. -Clem

-Clem Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2019
    So what are some of the best terminals to be based in? Suppose I was free to relocate anywhere in the country.

someGuythanks Thanks this.
  11. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    In my opinion, I'd say Dallas. It's a big break terminal so everything must come through there EVENTUALLY, it's dead center in the triangle (Dallas, San Antonio, Houston), it's located in such a position that you'll NEVER see the east coast (dispatch tries to keep you within a 1200 mile radius of your home terminal), and it's big enough to where you can have lie seniority but get a run. I wanted to move to Dallas but covid messed that all up. Imo, you really can't go wrong there. El Paso is a good one but it doesn't have a shop and you could potentially go to California. California sucks balls man.

-Clem Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.