ESTES Express (5 Year Review)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by KaoMinerva, Oct 3, 2018.

1. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    The same amount you always get lol

bignoot Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cjbrents

cjbrents Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2013
    I stay out two week, I take four days off. I stay out 4 weeks, I take 7 days off. Just tell your terminal manager to put a note on you stating you’ll be ready to come back to work on whatever date you choose. No one will be mad.

speedyk and bignoot Thank this.
  4. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    You can do that? Interesting... Hmm...

cjbrents Thanks this.
  5. cjbrents

Feb 2, 2013
    I was told by an older driver that this company cannot expect anymore from you as they do rom anyone else. With that said, P&D and the rest of the company (pretty much everyone outside of Linehaul drivers) get two days off per week. I take that into consideration.

If I give the company 8 weeks of my time, I’m not going to take 2 weeks off, but I may take 10 days. I usually try to be reasonable about it. Take 4 weeks out, one week at home. That’s what I do, and it pays well. When freight is booming, my mileage never goes under 3,200... and on the high side, you’re looking at 3,700 - 4,300 miles. The most I’ve received this far has been just under 3,800. I’ve been here since July of last year.

Just let your terminal manager know how much time you’re taking off. Don’t ask for the time off. Tell him you’re going to be off until [insert date]. And he’ll put a note on you.

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    ...Probably so they can do the runs Saturday during the day instead of you guys running Sunday night. That way the risk of the city guys getting delayed monday morning is minimized.

If I get one going to a terminal I’m coming in at 3-4 AM to do it.

cjbrents and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  7. cjbrents

Feb 2, 2013
    We have a guy who runs on a bid, 70 years old, and his bid run is roughly 2,400 miles/week. He told me that he can run eight-and-a-half hour per day, take a weekend run, and just run on recaps the following week. He told me he stays out 7 days and just in recaps.

I guess if you’re stuck with a 365 mile/day bid run, you can still get the extraboard pay on the weekends.

8. bignoot

bignoot Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2018
    They sending me home today. 3 day work week

9. KaoMinerva

Feb 5, 2016
    I'm willing to bet you were in the East

10. bignoot

bignoot Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2018
    Yup lol
    yup lol

11. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Who is making such a dent in NE freight? NEMF goes under and now Estes is lagging.

Can't be SAIA ... Mike is on vacation and does food... Hmmm

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.