Estes Linehaul in MT?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by cooley525, Jun 1, 2021.

1. cooley525

cooley525 Bobtail Member

May 3, 2018
    Wife and I are thinking of moving to Montana, from sc. I do p&d currently. Does anyone have experience with any of the ltl linehaul business in the montana area or Midwest that van give me a breakdown how it is and how the pay is? I know our linehaul drivers down here are getting like .63 cpm

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Muskie

Muskie Medium Load Member

Feb 27, 2019
    There are only 3 terminals in MT, all recently acquired by Estes in the past couple years. Missoula, Butte and Billings, with Butte being the biggest. All are rather small terminals and are in Estes West. Pay is the same for all US terminals, except a small extra bump on breaks,, etc. in the West. Starting pay went up in January to 66.5? Max pay, after 3 years is 74.5? Something in this ballpark. Fargo is looking for extraboard, as is Minneapolis, where I'm from.

cooley525 Thanks this.
  4. cooley525

cooley525 Bobtail Member

May 3, 2018
    I know Estes here in Charleston SC is rather small. Do you have any idea approx how many Drivers any of the terminals have up that way? 66.5 is a great starting rate as well. I haven't driven in snow tho in about 11 years now lol, but for that kind of pay, I can't say I would mind.

5. mud23609

mud23609 Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    It ain’t the snow you gotta worry about. It’s the wind.

Roberts450 Thanks this.
  6. Muskie

Muskie Medium Load Member

Feb 27, 2019
    You will be doing a transfer. Check the Estes site for job openings. Call the terminals and get a feel. I don't think there are many bid runs. Probably more of a combo operation including loading and unloading? One bid run I know of from Billings to Fargo, run triples, meet and greet.

7. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Google Lookout Mtn or Rocker Hill ,.Bozeman Pass Never driven in snow ? Did you hit your head.

jtaran06 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.