Estes N. Ridgeville, Ohio

Discussion in 'Estes' started by Mike2633, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Hi guys,
    I've been toying around with the idea of applying to work for Estes at the North Ridgeville, Ohio terminal.
    That terminal always has the now hiring sign up I don't know what to make of that.
    I recently applied to work for USF Holland (I've heard so many confusing things about them I don't know what to believe) I don't know if USF Holland is good or bad I think the bad stuff comes from the older guys who were around for the good old days. Me I've never been around for the good old days at any place ha-ha!

Anyhow what's a little confusing about Estes is they have OTR regional and OTR non Hazmat. Also this strange combo driver thing that I don't totally understand.

I would like to run Linehaul for Estes, I've done the city thing now for a little while worked for a beer company and now a food company and kind of growing tired of route work, plus I don't need to be home everyday which is why I've been tempted to gravitate over to Estes or USF Holland.

Anyhow, I guess Estes is probably a little better then USF Holland I don't really know. I guess how does Estes Line Haul work, you leave you're home terminal go to another terminal and from there they send you to another terminal and so on and so fourth correct?

Shaggy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Admiral

The Admiral Heavy Load Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Akron,Ohio
    If it was me I would be looking at Holland. Fully paid benefits which includes the pension plan. Paid drop and hook,paid break down time. What's not to like! ABF is right over on Chevy Blvd. their another good co.

Shaggy and Mike2633 Thank this.
  4. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    Mike, just apply with ABF in Parma and be done with the LTL process, Estes and USF are fine companies, lets get down to reality. Estes pays crap for OT, USF and the numerous umbrella companies have been on pay freeze since moses parted the seas.

If you need a name, I'll give you mine on resume. No referral bonus $. Straight up vouching for a dude.

Theirs a reason why ABF doesn't have a sub-forum here :biggrin_2559:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    Mike2633 Thanks this.
  5. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I applied to work at Holland this morning they had a position open in Cleveland for a limited experience line haul driver and I decided to apply.

6. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    The ABF Dayton terminal had a road driver position open if Parma had a road driver I would be all over it. I almost was very tempted to apply at ABF Dayton, I have no interest in moving or living in Dayton, but if the run was where you went from one terminal to another and so on and so fourth I would commute down there park my car in the lot work all week and commute home when I get back. Which kind of blows having to drive 3 hours to work, but twice a day ehh what ever I guess I could rent some place nice down there ha-ha!

Shaggy Thanks this.
  7. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    What do you guys like about ABF? Is the company managed well? I know you guys have nice equipment, however I really don't care about that, I know USF Holland has a bunch of beat up stuff which I'm actually okay with as long as it's safe to operate, I tend to like to drive the broken in stuff better any how ha-ha!

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    Why not just do City work out of parma? Already doing it now, It would be less finger printing and less headaches, Road position good luck lol.
    July we get our 2% raise. Screw moving, City work is a fair wage and the package along with it.

Are you aware of what ABF pays with the package?

9. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Here's what I'm trying to do I'm trying to move out without actually moving out (I live at home) I don't want to get evolved with a mortgage or anything like that while I'm working a job that while it pays well I'm also really on the fence about ha-ha! Then end up having to spend a lot of my time working there and looking back on my life going "Welp life's what happens when you make plans."
    I don't mind trucking and trust me they haven't beat me yet ha-ha! The beer company couldn't lick me and neither will GFS at least I don't think however they came close a few times, but that being said, I'm still standing, but you know at the same time, you got to think is the fight worth fighting when there are other options that are just as good if not better and pay about the same.

The beer company usually gets a lot of people right off the rip I survived there and the odds are against it, trust me that beer distributor I worked for was no walk in the park, of course it's easy now ha-ha! That's how life goes, but I went to another place because I need the experience and it's been good in that sense, but is the juice worth the squeeze considering I can make good money on the road not have to move, out but not be at home either (not that home is that bad, but I don't know young and restless type thing I guess)

Shaggy Thanks this.
  10. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    How about stay were your at and quite whining ?! :biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::)

Employer pays well. Grass is very rarely greener on other side of fence.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  11. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I'll have you know ha-ha :biggrin_2559:, it's not all bad over where I work now, in fact it was long term a good and necessary move just so happened that it ended up being a transitional step and that's not what I was totally planning on when I signed up. I guess what it, is, is in life sometime you have to take chances you know how it goes and the nice thing about where I work now was I got to brush up on my 10 speed (still not perfect at it, but better) build sets of doubles and learn how converter dollies and all that jazz work and then also learn at the same time, yeah this probably isn't for me.

You know as dumb as this sounds sometimes learning what you don't want to do can also be as valuable as learning what you want to do.

Shaggy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.