European trucking vs US trucking

Discussion in 'European/Other Countries Truckers Forum' started by Danish5666, May 3, 2010.

1. bavarian

bavarian Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Winnipeg
    You can hit that on any continent. But you're right. I shut down yesterday in Virginia Beach and wait out the storm.
    I remember a situation in Italy. I had a few pick ups in the area of Verona. Granite and Marble area. There was a light snowfall, maybe half an inch and it got interesting on the roads. My last customer was down quite a slope between vineyards. I called my boss and refused to go down there. If I went down there, the entire load would have been there for days until the snow was gone. The customer in Germany couldn't understand. They needed that product so desperately. But my boss covered my back and I went without it.

Trucker61016 and izifaddag Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    For one thing European regulations are a lot more relaxed in terms of not over burdening the driver compared to the Federal/Dot regulations of the states. You also have better time off in Europe then in the US. They don't make you stay out 3-4 weeks at a time on crap pay.

4. bavarian

bavarian Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Winnipeg
    And they make you to sit 1 hour away from home just because you didn't make it home on Saturday and on Sunday you're not allowed before 22:00. Here we go with the weekend with your family.
    Crappy pay? Would you work longhaul for $800 a month? Even when your home on the weekend.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.