Ever fallen off the cab of your truck?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by truckthatpassesyouby, Jul 11, 2017.

Ever fallen off your cab?

1. Yes, once.

34.8%
  2. Yes, more than once.

31.8%
  3. Not yet.

33.3%
  1. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Had a friend of mine do that to, only his foot slipped through a rung of a latter on his tanker and left him dangling from it.OWWW

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Have slipped off or missed the step several time, but was able to self arrest my fall by grabbing the hand rails. The "three-point rule" saved me from doing a reverse swan dive onto the parking lot.

I got a daily three point reminder, but I think the real training was the "one hand for you, one for the Coast Guard." Never fell overboard, either, but came #### close!

Puppage Thanks this.
  4. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Oh,,falling off frame counts and slippery wheel dives. Guess I should have voted more than once. Falling getting into truck accounts for my only tooth cap, comp covers that for life. Oh,getting into truck and driving knee up into corner of door,,now that hurts

5. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    removed: wouldn't want a misunderstanding

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    tucker Thanks this.
  6. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Yup, it finally happened this past winter. I had just woken up at a Pilot in Ohio after a mildly snowy night, and unbeknownst to me, some ice had accumulated on my steps. I tried to climb out of my cab, but I slipped immediately and fell right on the pavement. Scraped up my knee pretty good, but I was more upset by the fact that I was laying on the pavement where hundreds of drivers have urinated on.

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  7. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Saw my buddy years ago, walk out of a cabover.. Yea we had to much to drink and was going back to the trkstp. Another person was driving.. Anyhow my buddy opens passenger door and walks right out.. Fat guy too boot, no tuck and roll. Tore up hi arm and wrist bad.
    I have miss stepped out of my truck before, sober

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  8. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Yea, but you had fresh snow to help freeze up the pee smell. lol

9. Txdriver77

Txdriver77 Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Texas
    was the end of my shift, i was getting my stuff out of the passenger side. i went to step down and missed the step, fell flat on my back. head landed on a rock, was seeing stars for a little while, had a golfball sized lump on the back of my head for about a month.

10. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I have either because I was in a hurry and not paying attentiion or in the winter when steps can be slick.

11. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Stepped on what I thought WAZ the deck on the back but it was actually the space between the deck and drop axle

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.