Ever had the wrong bills?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Skootlez, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Skootlez

Skootlez Light Load Member

May 19, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
    Total rookie mistake, I know. Been driving almost two years now. Picked up at a ConAgra, got the “pre-bill” paperwork which looks like the front page of the actual bills. Grabbed my trailer, confirmed trailer #, seal, pretrip, etc.

Did loaded call, go back to the guard shack and evidently I handed her the old sheet but she handed me the wrong bills. My ignorant self checked the address but not the trailer, seal, carrier, etc. -sigh-

This ever happen to you guys? I don’t think dispatch likes me at the moment lol

Lepton1, Mike2633 and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Her fault too.

Not the end of the world, they can fax them ahead to the cosignee.

Now, If you had grabbed the wrong load...

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Blank bills took care of that right quick. Bad bills went in one envelope carefully sent a different day and location and the written down on Generic Bills of Lading went out with the truck paperwork. Im pretty sure between the qualcomm data and the chicken scratch that passes for handwriting they will put it together.

5. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Grabed the wrong load once... 500 mile trip. trl number was off by 1 digit. Didnt relize it as it was difficult to uncover the trl number under a tarp and it was dark. Luckly it was going to the same place too. I was told i was given the wrong bol and everyone apologized for there mistake lmao...

Lepton1, 88 Alpha, sevenmph and 2 others Thank this.
  6. kaybea

kaybea Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2014
    A few years ago I was running the same load once every two weeks or so. They knew me, I pretty much went to the same door to pick up every time. Walked in, they handed me bills going to not far from where I always went. I absent mindedly headed to my truck and thought "Hmm maybe I should ask about this." Could have been an interesting mess had that not been straightened out.

Mike2633, x1Heavy and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  7. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    We dont do drop amd swaps. So Im married to my trailer. Had a driver break down and put his truck in shop. I went to our yard to get his trailer and go do his delivery. His tralier is 22334, I grabbed the trailer next to his 23234.

MACK E-6, ncmickey, sevenmph and 2 others Thank this.
  8. Truckermania

Truckermania Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Sturgis,SD
    I got the pick list once instead of the BOL. Thankfully they were able to fax it over to the consignee.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    Mike2633, x1Heavy and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  9. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    All my bills are wrong, they just $1,s I would rather have a couple of 0's after that little #

10. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Last month picked up Load. Guy gave me wrong bills. He had another set he was working on. Luckily I checked bills. Admittedly sometimes forget to only human. Never had problem however with modern day technology no reason they can’t straighten it out. Main thing you had the right Load. Wrong Load that’s a problem. I grabbed wrong trailer once while Leased to a Carrier. While trying to do extra weekend work. Ended up doing round Trip 2 x once for free. I worked hard for what little extra I made. I was in a big hurry. Same as most mistakes I’ve made.

x1Heavy and Mike2633 Thank this.
  11. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Yeah i did it once collected someone else's paper work poor dude would of been searching all over the place for it too i'd image i just handed it in to the guys back at our depot in our SLC office and let them deal with it.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.