Ever regret quitting a job?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Upinsmoke, Mar 5, 2019.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I've always been happiest with my own truck .
    Isnt for everyone but works for me .

Opus, Tombstone69 and SteveScott Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tombstone69

Tombstone69 Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Jersey shore
    I used to tattoo in the 80's, had my own shop with a good sized clientele. If I was doing any lettering, I would make the client write down what they wanted, I was amazed at how many times people would misspell what they wanted. Quit when aids came on the scene, don't like rubber gloves.If I stuck with it I'd probably be rich and famous, no regerts.

JoeyJunk and Truckermania Thank this.
  4. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    I'm going on year 4 with the current, food grade hauler. But am now looking at making the jump to a fuel hauler in Santa Rosa about 2 hours away. Only reason I stuck it out with the current company and the previous one for as long as I did was probably due to all the guilt from the job hopping of a the years prior to getting into tanking. Only thing that's making me want to bounce now is the loss of daycabs and the potential to be tossed back into the over-the-road thing.
    Contemplated going in and putting in a notice, it seems like one just can't quit a job and be done with it. Especially when milk loaders seem to be in high demand and short supply.(But run us into the ground and pay us garbage). Seeing as how all hell seems to break loose among management when a driver that's been there for more than a few months wants to quit, I'm probably going to get the process started at the next place and then just tell a few trusted people the day I do so.

Get your time in and bounce without fanfare.

Tombstone69 Thanks this.
  5. Tombstone69

Tombstone69 Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Jersey shore
    And, don't be scared, the grass I$ greener on the other side of the fence. I'm the exact opposite, the daycab thing is killing me, I need to stretch my legs out on the big road, the sooner, the better. Haven't seen the country in awhile, dying to see how it's changed. Good luck with you're new job, I can't wait to start mine.

6. bentstrider83

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    If you want to do the long-haul, super-condo sleeper thing, more power to you. I did it for like, two years and many aspects of it became tiresome to me.
    If I want to see more of the country, I'm fine doing it with my two or four wheels. That extra length of trailer behind me is just a burden when out and about.

Tombstone69 Thanks this.
  7. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    I’ve regretted only serving in the army for 4 years.
    It’s the one thing I would change if it were possible.

Truckermania and bzinger Thank this.
  8. Gumper

Gumper Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Butte, MT
    I regret quitting my mine job in Nevada. I regret getting married the first time. I regret not finishing college. Such is life.

bentstrider83 and bzinger Thank this.
  9. bentstrider83

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    You could always go back to school. Nothing wrong with doing that. Part time classes here and there while maintaining your job. Take online classes or on-campus classes at night/weekends to avoid the young-farts if you don't want to deal with them.
    The mine job on the other hand, that would probably be questionable on many factors.

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  10. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    I actually regret leaving quality carriers for boasso, I had my freedom to run where I wanted and do things my way, boasso is more of a dictatorship company, but I'm going back with quality carriers but like everything you will have regrets its part of life that's why you cant burn any bridges.

Upinsmoke and Truckermania Thank this.
  11. Gumper

Gumper Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Butte, MT
    I’ll just wait until my kids are in college so they can help me with homework :D I don’t know how far I can get toward the electrical engineering degree online. It’d be difficult to do that while juggling the O/O thing.

bentstrider83 and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.