Ever run into fake military veterans in their travels, better yet call them out?

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by loose_leafs, Oct 18, 2014.

1. HogHaulin

HogHaulin Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Funny story.....I was at the Red Eye next to the Loves in Sioux Falls. This guy next to me starts talking to me about the Marines because he seen my truck with USMC on it. He starts telling me all this stuff he has done and how he was in Afghanistan 3 tours. I finally couldn't handle it any more told him to shut the f@@k up. I told him he must be the most ignorant POS I ever met. To sit here knowing I obviously served in the Marines and lie to me about somewhere I was at for 2 years. This kid actually started having tears in his eyes. He got up and took off. Good thing because I wanted to knock him off that bar stool.

Dr_Fandango44 and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NYSuperTrucker

NYSuperTrucker Light Load Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Twin Cities MN
  4. raylittlebear

raylittlebear Light Load Member

I was in the army for 4 months and broke my back before I got assinged to be an I.t. support systems operator but #### happens luckily im walking and now trying to support my family

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    happens all over society
    everyone over 60 was at woodstock

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. raylittlebear

raylittlebear Light Load Member

Ive meet men in the military all there lives and not even close to that many medals

7. I support the military, my neighbor "retired USMC" gave me a "cover".

Told me it will last longer than the crappy ball caps I wear. Can I wear it? Im not saying I'm military or any of that drama. Any military personnel, tell me if I can? If not I won't.

Its called stolen valor

http://www.stolenvalor.com/

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Kindle

Kindle Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2012
    Charlotte, NC

I'm a former Marine. I would not have a problem with you wearing it. Your retired neighbor doesn't seem to either so go for it.

Vilhiem and Chinatown Thank this.
  9. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Covers are available for purchase at most Army/Navy stores. As long as you don't claim a rank pin, you are good to go. It's a hat. Just like wearing a pair of BDU pants or an ARMY/NAVY/MARINE/AIR FORCE PT shirt. Readily available, shows appreciation and support for the troops without making a claim to being one.

Personally, I love my BDU pants! Incredibly handy with all the extra pockets, and they "blouse" more easily into my work boots on those incredibly cold days. Makes it a bit easier to hold the heat in on my legs and feet. I am talking, of course, about the winter weight stuff. Summer weight is grwat when it's warm out, but is far too light for the snowy times.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. Thank you Kindle. For you answer and your service.

Vilhiem and Kindle Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.