Evergreen Transportation, Mobile, Alabama

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by KD5AXG, Nov 10, 2016.

1. KD5AXG

KD5AXG Papa Bear

Sep 3, 2006
    Commerce, Texas
    Yesterday, I did much better than a 7 week trainee AND his trainer. My trainer got a laugh out of it. We got to the consignee 15 minutes after they did. I got hooked up and pumping right as they did. And finished, wraped up and out of the plant 2 min before them. That was fun.

Today, reality of this job hit. No runs. So, we had an off day. Such as the life in construction. Sucks that there was no pay today, but allowed me to get a car repair done. So, lemons to lemonaide.

Still having a good time. In no way regretting my job change.

Peace and safe miles to all!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    That answers something I was curious about. I wondered if you were pulling dirty tanks or clean tanks, ie, cement, sand, lime, fly ash, etc or the plastic pellets out of Solutia. You are pulling a dirty one.

KD5AXG Thanks this.
  4. KD5AXG

KD5AXG Papa Bear

Sep 3, 2006
    Commerce, Texas
    Concrete and flyash mainly. We also have a flatbed division. I was notified yesterday that a contract was obtained recently for local container hauling drop and hooks.

My truck is in the works. Might get it today or monday. Hopefully today, so I can give it a good going over and test the trailer.

5. Friend

Friend Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2014
    NC
    Congrats to you.

KD5AXG Thanks this.
  6. KD5AXG

KD5AXG Papa Bear

Sep 3, 2006
    Commerce, Texas
    Just heard that I get my truck on Monday. Off I go!

7. KD5AXG

KD5AXG Papa Bear

Sep 3, 2006
    Commerce, Texas
    Haven't been that busy at work, but they've kept me running. Truck is due to be retired in January. It runs and shifts good, but it's just worn out.

New trucks are due in January. Seniority gets first shot at them.

Everything is going well. I've been on my own since last Tuesday. Rocking and rolling.

8. KD5AXG

KD5AXG Papa Bear

Sep 3, 2006
    Commerce, Texas
    Everything is good. Still getting used to the paper logs, but I like the freedom the paper logs give. I hope that this new administration will set things right and reduce the war on truckers.

Peace and love to all.

9. Friend

Friend Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2014
    NC
    Keep on posting. I Like to try to keep up. I hope you get one of the new rides!

10. KD5AXG

KD5AXG Papa Bear

Sep 3, 2006
    Commerce, Texas
    With the uncertancy of the new POTUS and his administration, the number of new trucks was less than our shop foreman expected. So, I asked him about fixing a couple of things on my truck. Point being is the truck is not "that" bad, as far as a half million mile truck goes. I told him that I'd keep this truck and wait on a better one down the line. He agreed. So, we are both satisfied. After driving "nice" trucks that broke down on me, it's nice to be in a "not so nice" truck that works her ### off for me.

I'll just be glad when work picks up again. But, it's all good.

11. Bro_Dave

Bro_Dave Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Our trucks have 1,700,000 mi. On them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.