Evil Beauty

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Snowball 4847, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Snowball 4847

Snowball 4847 Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2017
    Florida Beauty in South Florida pays 32 cpm there turnover is like changing underware. Don't pay detention don't pay breakdown pay don't pay layover. Company flat out Sucks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    And you took the job why???????

4. Snowball 4847

Jun 25, 2017
    Retrain for 6 months and guit now you got the reason behind the madness. I have moved on.

mitrucker Thanks this.
  5. Snowball 4847

Jun 25, 2017
    Had to retrain was out for 2 years after 16 years driving wife passed away. So I went on and suffered for 6 months,now I hope that answers your question. I have guit and moved on part time might add.

superflow, Puppage and mitrucker Thank this.
  6. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Hey, don't feel too bad...everyones gotta bite the bullet in one form or fashion to get back into the industry. You only did what you had to do. Glad you moved on. Also, sorry to hear about your wife.

It IS a shame that the industry (and it's insurance companies) feel like twenty five years of experience (would be in my case) didn't even happen if a guy has stopped going over the road for a year or two.
    I have been off the road (according to OTR companies and insurance companies) for nearly 1 1/2 years...but I've still been driving IN STATE---and harder driving in some cases as well, because I have to get a 320" wheel base day-cab tractor (with a tag axle) pulling a 51' hopper trailer (with a tag axle) in and out of some of these fields and farms designed for farm tractors and wagons.

If you go LTL or Food Service and never leave the state...it's the same thing---much tighter situations (in some cases) than you'd find OTR...yet, any experience you had BEFORE that, and including that, doesn't count if you're off the road for too long of a period. It's just silly to me.

KillingTime, Puppage and kimbosa Thank this.
  7. kimbosa

kimbosa Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    lufkin texas
    I totally agree! I put trailers in places otr drivers would not dare to try and country roads that no big truck should be on. And some places i go, i help otr drivers back up!

Texas_hwy_287 and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Don't we all.............

9. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Here Here now.........you do realize it is EXTREMELY difficult to get on the interstate in Ca. and get off in Ohio a few days later to make your delivery, right ? If you haven't done this in a few yrs, you WILL have forgotten how to do it and will definitely need to be re-trained !

MACK E-6, snowlauncher and kimbosa Thank this.
  10. kimbosa

kimbosa Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    lufkin texas
    Lol! You be right!

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  11. Snowball 4847

Jun 25, 2017
    Hey Mr allow me I can tell you sit behind a desk.When you've been doing it as long as I have I could take 2 years off get in the next day like yesterday so I know you don't know what your talking about.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.