Excessive wait times at shippers/receivers

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by timidlady, Feb 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    to be honest, i have been sent for loads, and a few times when i got there, they were not ready as i outlined in my first posting. sometimes there is a mix up and another driver needed to get home. sometimes, something had to be added to the load, or taken off.

sometimes, the customer confirms everything, and is still waiting for another shipment of additional items, or from the factory floor.

as i said, "crap happens". many times, i took it with no issues regarding loss of drive time. all of those times, i was put on another load, with more miles.

i knew how and when to complain, as i think we all do (with exception to the o/p, who complains about everything).

in keeping a low profile, i got more runs, miles than the cry babies got. and i also got many times, the new equipment. i took care of business, and the business took care of me.

if we all end up being cry babies, instead of professional men and women, then the revolving door starts spinning.

and many times, the next job, ain't no better.

if anything at all, it marks that particular person a difficult one to work/deal with, and no employer wants anyone like that.

stwik and 201 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I've had times, where there was literally no place for these companies to put the stuff you brought in. You end up being their "warehouse" until there is room. I've worked on docks, and found this to be true. The OP has to understand, like you say, it's not always cut and dry. If I may quote one of my favorite authors, Murphy's Law. "If something can go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible time". I've never worked anywhere that was more true than in trucking. Stuff like this, in this industry, is bound to happen,,,this was the load you were waiting for,:eek:

austinmike, buddyd157 and pmdriver Thank this.
  4. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    You do not want the government to make rules to solve a problem that they will only make worse by throwing a few more regulations at it. Also the company you are working for is to blame as much as them shipping companies by letting this go on for so long. then they yank that fabled golden carrot from reach just about every time you almost reach it.

Cabinover101, buddyd157 and 201 Thank this.
  5. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Did you read your email before you sent it, or did you just bang away on the keys and hit send before composing yourself and sending a reasonable email? it is obvious that you did not.

I can tell you one of two things happened - it got deleted after the first sentence, or they are now using it as another example on how not to get a politician ( or anyone for that matter) to respond to your problem.

Real or perceived.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  6. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    In my opinion since you are a company driver the only one who owes you money is the company you work for. Hope you emphasized your company ripping you off because no one else did.

buddyd157 and pmdriver Thank this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Never had those problems pulling tankers.
    Pulling reefers was challenging, but always was paid good detention pay and layover pay and 34 hr. restart pay.
    Shop around and find a better company.

Dave1837 Thanks this.
  8. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Republican asking the govt for help? In Michigan of all places?
    Hi I'm from the govt and I'm here to help you GFY!!
    I suspect snowflake, crybaby, millennial, come on out of mommy's basement.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  9. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Now that Michigan legalized weed, everything will be fine,,,just like Colorado. Actually, there's some truth in that. The money made off it pays for my medicare premiums. Everybody's a winner,,,

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  10. Cabinover101

Cabinover101 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Video~ can you say Working Load Limit

201 Thanks this.
  11. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I thought that too. The guy barely touched the racking. Clearly overloaded.

Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.