Experience with YRC ( includes YRC, New Penn, USF Reddaway and Holland

Discussion in 'YRC' started by ACH1130, Jun 19, 2012.

1. CynP12

CynP12 Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Sorry didn't mean to offend you, the reason this blog has been one of many resources is because opinions from F'ers trying to make a living matter good or bad. The intent was only to see what others may have encountered within their years experience with YRC and how that was resolved. If no one gives a #### you don't have to respond that's the beauty of it. The thread is called Experience with YRC, that's all I asked about & actually collected some helpful info. So once again, I apologize for taking up the space on your screen.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sammycando

Sammycando Bobtail Member

May 14, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Didn't offend me...sounds like I offended you...tough love is tough...I just gave you the best advice you will get...the only thing here is opinion at best, misinformation at worst...don't get steered in the wrong direction...only a labor law attorney can give you accurate information and help (that is what you want, right?)...you say opinions matter good or bad, so that was mine (you're welcome).
    And for the record...it's not my screen, it's a free site...post all you want and I will too...you "apologize"?...please

4. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    Well I had an easy day today... waited a hour for my hook (just a van go figure) then left to go to 152... sat in stopped traffic for a hour and a half, a truck and a 4 wheeler decided they wanted to make a new exit on the NY thruway... think they both went as usually when something like that happens the PD and FD shut all traffic down. Made it to 152 2 hours late, got my new van and back to 123, and was told go home as I didnt have enough hours for a 2nd run...

5. CynP12

CynP12 Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Good and bad, I'm open to hear it all. I completely agree that as far as any legal aspects an attorney is the only way. This forum was never intended to be a source of legal guidance; but mearly research. This is a huge company with god knows how many locals all working to serve their brothers best. My hope at this point is for others to be aware of the story, so that if someone begins to experience the same issues they may be better equipt to handle it. I was not offended at all, but genuinely did not want to seem as an annoying outsider trying to bother guys who just want to make a living.

6. chadastrophic

chadastrophic Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Well my time at Holland was short lived. I got a call today for a job I interviewed with before I applied for Holland. Decided to take a job with a beer/beverage distributor. Similar pay, M-F, and first shift.

Offered Holland a 2 week notice and they released me. Which is exactly what I was hoping for.

7. skinnytrucker

skinnytrucker Heavy Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    U.P. of Michigan
    Congrats on the new gig. M-F is hard to turn down. Don't be a stranger. Come back and let us know how things are going and good luck to you

CynP12 Thanks this.
  8. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    LOL! You must have hurt their feelings, poor Holland... Congrats on the new job and having life.

9. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    my time at YRC is over next week as well. As much as I do like working here even with the BS I found a job back home at my dads about 10 min away... I just want to be able to move home, and dont feel like traveling 60-130 miles every weekend to go home. They are upset about me leaving but understand, they been giving me nice runs everyday as well. good thing is its still the teamsters and same local

Theres also personal reasons why Im doing this as well.

CynP12 Thanks this.
  10. Squonk

Squonk Medium Load Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
  11. ACH1130

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    Yes sorry squonk. Got a bid right away as well so anyone under me is going on extra.

I'm actually taking a leave of absence from YRC just in case it don't work out

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted