experienced flatbed companies

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by SAdriver, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    ACME Truck Line

That's where I am leased on. Largest expedited service to the oil industry. Hire on as a driver and get paid percentage. You go through the ACME hiring process, takes a couple of weeks. Then they help match you with a truck owner, all owner operators or fleet owners.

Hardly any tarping for oil field loads. High tarrifs mean good money, and the oil patch is starting to boom. I just bought a truck from a retiring owner, with ACME assigning revenue to me until the truck is paid off and the title is in my name.

There are four terminals in San Antonio. Three specialize in "drive away" (contract driving customer trucks). One runs flatbed and hot shots.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 426yankee

426yankee Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Charlottesville,VA
    BTC is definitely a good choice. They do what they say there going to do. Orientation paycheck handed to you at the end of the class, trucks ready to go, first load thru the house, and home every week if you want. They really are a family oriented place to work. If you do your part, you're going to get all the miles you want/need without having to fight for them. I worked there for 3 years and I would still be there if I hadn't got this cushy local gig I have now. You should check them out and listen to what they have to say, you won't be disappointed

4. PumpkinNuts

PumpkinNuts Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2018
    Are you still with them? I'm just outside of Tulsa, running hotshot. I'm ready to let someone else look for hauls.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  5. Lepton1

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Yes, I am still with ACME. PM me for contact information. Do you own your own hotshot truck and trailer?

PumpkinNuts Thanks this.
  6. Drivingotr4life

Drivingotr4life Light Load Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Crst malone pays 75%

PumpkinNuts Thanks this.
  7. PumpkinNuts

Mar 7, 2018
    Yes sir, I have my own truck and trailer. Authority as well. Insurance. The whole nine yards.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  8. PumpkinNuts

Mar 7, 2018
    40ft big tex trailer

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  9. Lepton1

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Sounds like a good percentage. The question becomes what is the average $/mile billed to the customer. If it's a high percentage of a low rate, then you might look at alternatives.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.