expierenced drvr looking for up to date info.

Discussion in 'Werner' started by gladiator, May 9, 2010.

1. gladiator

gladiator Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2010
    wheeler,mi.
    I have read thru many of these post, and some of the information is nearly a year or better old..or students asking about trainers etc.

I have 3 yrs OTR, 48 states, solo driver
    I read that Werner is downsizing the 48 states, replaced by a lot of regional stuff..If so, with me being from Michigan would guess midwest??

Then there is the payscale issue. When I asked recutier about pay per mile was told .32 1/2 cpm. but I see this sliding scale, I am familier with the concept, but .15 cpm d/head. This seems a bit low by any standard.

Not big on teams been there done that for nearly 2 yrs.. I see that at times, depending on location they will want drivers to team. Is this something I can look forward to? If so what can I expect if I decline the invitation?

These are just a few of many questions.. I know that these can be covered by the recuiter, But would like info from a little more reliable source..Please don't tell me how much they suck etc.. Just about every truck job comes with the standard BS...so please refrain from the normal comments on how bad they are...An empty checkbook beats high standards..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

3 years experience, and you WANT to work for Werner ???????????

4. gladiator

gladiator Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2010
    wheeler,mi.
    Well...it's like this.
    I live in the middle of Michigan, north of I-96. I've applied to or talked to many other companies. Once they run my zip code I'm told sorry we are not hiring from that area. Just not enough frieght coming out of Michigan. Strike 2 is I have 3 minor non reportables (2) back in 2007 and (1) in 2009. Swift won't release any info on these to say they were minor..( I'll forgo the details, but they were just minor no ticket or citation issued)
    Not so much "want" but "need"... I do have one other prospect, but they run strictly east coast, not a big fan of the northeast.
    So after 2 months {give or take a day or so} Of searching and researching I need to find something, even if it's only for a little while... Doesn't mean I have to be crazy about it..lol
    I'm just trying to get somekind of idea as to what the current enviornment is at this company. Granted new commers and students have a lot of questions, and that's fine.. I would just like to know about some things over and above the student/training aspect. But Thanks for your concern...

johnday Thanks this.
  5. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    If i were you i would go with them and hound them daily for the Sam's dedicated out of Auburn Indiana. Its refer but dedicated is 32cpm pretty sure for the deadhead too. Otherwise youll end up in the NE alot.. If you dont mind teaming go the trainer route and just boot off the non-hackers and go 48 states. Last i heard they were still doing trainers on 48states. they prefer a team type thing doing thier long runs so that they can run like an expediter if needed.

Marty007 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.