Expired Medical Certificate

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Johnceeena, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Johnceeena

Johnceeena Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2017
    So I've have been off the road for a while, but it was less than 8 years ago that I got my CDL. I've also lived in several different states with a regular driver's license but I remember there was some trouble getting a regular (non CDL) license, because my existing CDL license was suspended... Or revoked...? If I remember correctly, I ended up paying an extra fee or something... got an Ohio driver's license. Anyway, do I need to go through the process of getting a learner's, doing a knowledge exam, AND a driving test? (Obviously after getting a new medical examiner's certificate) Hoping to avoid sitting at the DMV for hours to answer a simple question.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If you do NOT hold a valid CDL and just nothing at all, you have to go through everything all over again.

Just because you do not hold a Medical cert is not the end of the world. Most CDL's grandfathered as I was has to self certify (Magic two words) to tier one, tier two, tier three and four types of trucking,. Tier one means valid medical form in possession and valid A CDL for interstate and intrastate commerce. Me was tier two meaning that national disaster or nuclear attack I will haul dead bodies for the government in that 18 wheeler reefer. As explained to me. While I hold a CDL without any medical whatsoever. (I no longer hold it because of medicine conflicts and future spiritual warfare against a dark time hauling bodies in what essentialy would look like food trucks)

Anyhow...

If you have nothing, as in no license, you have to do everything required to get it all back.

If you just have a car license and want your A back, you have to do everything all over again as if you never held one.

If you do not hold a valid medical card or form today on your existing CDL, expect it to be suspended or taken away from you until you self certify at the DMV a one page form what tier you are in for your state in order to keep same.

Your best answers are at the DMV... never the internet.

Johnceeena Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.