Explain this brokers, no one available to load/unload.

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by 6wheeler, Dec 17, 2018.

1. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    You post shipments. Call the driver maybe 3, or 4 times between pick up and delivery to make sure the truck is ok.
    And then at either or both shipper and receivers when the truck arrives no one is able to load or unload the truck.

And it's not a mishap, it's that they didn't know the truck was coming, or if the shipment is ready.

Why can't brokers call both shippers and receivers to make sure someone knows to load or unload a truck? And your reply is "after 2 hours of waiting we will pay after that?" Bullcrap

singlescrewshaker and Mattflat362 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Some people don't do their jobs?

Explain to me how drivers and dispatchers can tell me that they'll make it by X hit time, and then that hit time rolls around, they're nowhere to be seen - and when you call them they're still several hours out, forcing you to push the load to the next day, getting you into hot water with your customer?

It's part and parcel to this industry. Some folks do what they're supposed to do and what they're telling you will happen, and some don't. People lie, and some folks just don't give a crap. It happens at all levels and with all kinds of operations.

4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Why don't you call ahead and tell them you're on the way to pick it up or drop it off?

5. 6wheeler

Aug 30, 2009
    Because the brokers place THEIR number in place of the shippers and receivers

tscottme and singlescrewshaker Thank this.
  6. 6wheeler

Aug 30, 2009
    I don't know about driver's but yea for dispatchers same goes. But from what I have seen, is that most brokers want to call the driver several times a day, and not even bother to call shippers and receivers

7. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    With the internet finding a phone number isn't too bad. It's also useful for finding out about problem shippers and receivers. Google reviews, use it. I've given back loads based off it. The last one was a fun refrigerated shipper and receiver down in Union City, GA. I dunno how that place manages to get live load trucks coming in there but there's a long slow moving line of them into it every day. Even drop and hook drivers complain. And not a single solitary decent review on Google either.

8. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    They are trying to prevent back solicitation ;)

9. 6wheeler

Aug 30, 2009
    Lol. Are you kidding. The driver has to show up and talk to people to at both locations. It's not like he can't do it when he gets there.

But anyway, the place I am at doesn't even have a forklift here to unload the truck. And guess what, I have to waste 2 good hours of my time FOR FREE before getting a dime.

singlescrewshaker and Mattflat362 Thank this.
  10. 6wheeler

Aug 30, 2009
    I do use the internet to contact people before I show up at both shippers and receivers. But....

Flatbeds deliver building materials that don't often have phone numbers at job sites

rollin coal Thanks this.
  11. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    I see what you did there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.