Extreme knee pain

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by KevinTT, Oct 4, 2020.

1. KevinTT

KevinTT Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2020
    Unfortunately, my company uses ramps for delivery. It's my first week on the job, and my knees hurt when I go up or down ramps, and only on the ramps. I was wondering if anyone had this happened before and what you guys did to help with knee pain? Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    You are likely not conditioned to such exercise, you could get professional help from MD. Start doing squats every day will loosen up those knees and hips and tone up what needs strengthened

Jay5GS Thanks this.
  4. Pittstruck

Pittstruck Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Try doing some different stretch exercises before and during your shift. Most likely your just using muscles you’re not used to using. I’d say if you’re still in pain weeks from now you might want to have this checked out.

Feel the burn brother! And congratulations and good luck on the new job!

misterG and '88K100 Thank this.
  5. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Pick up a couple of knee braces at WM. Your knees will adjust after a couple months. But it might be old age! Lol

omaharj and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  6. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Look around you, knee replacement is very common. Next is hip replacement. Most of it’s caused or at least aggravated by overworking it. Whether it’s from a job, sports , or being overweight, Once the cartilage is gone, and it’s bone to bone, they can inject chicken cartilage, or some other new thing, constantly being developed. But eventually it’s usually a replacement. Knees wear out. Find a different job, before your back starts deteriorating. You’re the one who has to live with the pain, as you age. It’s not worth it.

reeferwrencher and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  7. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    Neoprene sleeves (pull them down when not out of the truck), Ibuprofen and lots of water. This is probably a connective issue and not the joint. You are going have a lot of issues and when you are off, elevate and ice.. and if you have access, I'd ice them at night. You can work through this but its going to suck for a while. You can try the blue goo.. it really helped me.

jamespmack Thanks this.
  8. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    You’ll get used to it after a few weeks. Use your brakes going down the ramp, don’t fly down it at a million miles an hour and let your body absorb the impact. Stretching before work is supposed to help, although I never did in the year I did that sort of work.

omaharj Thanks this.
  9. Danny707

Danny707 Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2019
    Join a local planet fitness and start getting in some leg workouts. YouTube leg and back workouts and you should be good with in the next couple of weeks in strengthening your knees and other lower body parts including back. I know everyone is built differently and some adapt to their physical job but it can help you, unless you have serious knee issues.

10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Don't squat more than 95 lbs or you risk the lunk alarm! :eek:

Danny707 Thanks this.
  11. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    lasertouchone.com check it out it really works.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.