failed medical due to high blood sugar/past diabetes

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by DFritzKY, Jul 11, 2018.

1. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    Sometimes I wonder if this is why quack science thrives in the realm of dietary advice in the absence of people getting real help from a nutritionist.

Also, my understanding is that the doctors themselves are barely trained in nutrition.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Then you are aware of a special form of sleep or a sort of coma induced by too much diabetes (Im speaking plainly, I don't know the exact medical term for this particular issue) that is considered life threatening should it happen due to very high blood sugar.

The body is very good at dumping what it does not need or want which is why that Urine is a good tester. But sometimes it's possible to pile up very high levels to essentially take your brain (The consious thinking high functioning part) right offline towards a coma while you are at 70 mph. We don't want that to happen to you or anyone.

My father has diabetes II and it's unfortunate because I think compared to our family foods growing up most of his life combined with decades of so called careful cooking and still catch that problem is amazing. Its not that common.

They have in the past few months tested me for that potential. Both blood and urine. Because some of my problems with the body has pointed that way. The doctors I have are very good and careful. It just takes time.

If anything for me it will be BP that endangered my trucking at 21 and continues to be a problem this year when it is no trucking at all. It's classic way of dying in my family history by stroke and that will be one possible way to go. (That wont take long. Maybe 20 seconds of ow before lights out)

Take care of yourself. And everything else will fall into place. Do not give up. If it's at all possible to fix it, it will be fixed for yourself and you will be back out there running.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  4. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    There are more tools out there now to play with when keeping up with diabetes, A1C gives the tester a better picture of your overall sugar control I think.

5. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.