Failed prehire drug screen

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by CAPTLUCKYDUCK, Feb 25, 2008.

1. CAPTLUCKYDUCK

CAPTLUCKYDUCK Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2007
    DAPHNE,AL
    Hey guys Im sure this has been covered a thousand times but ....

I have failed a PREHIRE drug screening..THC positive

I can honestly state I have not smoked marijuana in over 10 years..
    What are the options? After reading the legalities I know I can request the slit specimen testing but I am sure that this some sort of FALSE Positive..
    I got same day results from the drug test and when I did I went to a private clinic and tested Negative..Rather than being labeled at the company I failed the prehire with I thought I would just go somewhere else. Will this follow me to my next application ?

Is this going on a DAC report ?
    Any other options ?
    Should I just try another company and put it behind me ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckin916

truckin916 Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Wild Wild West
    Well if you tested positive and then went to a clinic right afterwards and tested negative then maybe showing your results of the clinic visit to the employer would at least give them reason to have you tested again.
    I'm pretty sure that they report any pre-employment positive results to DAC though, but not 100% certain. You might just ask them, since you really don't have anything to lose at this point.

Were you around someone else that was smoking or something?

4. ssbowles

ssbowles Heavy Load Member

Sep 27, 2007
    High Desert,CA
    Hmmm....sorry but I think you're SOL. A failed test I'm sure will be put on your DAC. Also, when you apply to another company, they'll ask if you ever failed/refused a drug test. You could explain the situation, and show them the "good" test, and see what happens.
    WOuldn't be much point in lying to them about the "bad" test, because they're gonna find out and then fire you for lying.
    I'd definitely try the split sample and see what happens with that. At least that will be proof of a goof in the system, if the split from the same sample comes back clean.
    Good luck to you on this.

5. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

All failed Prehire,Random and post accident are reported to DOT..
    If the co. you were attempting to hire on with is a USIS (DAC ) client
    they will place a failed drug test on your DAC report.
    You need to clear this up..it will follow you.

6. CAPTLUCKYDUCK

Sep 3, 2007
    DAPHNE,AL
    No I wasnt around anybody else smoking....But I thought that was just a Myth about that...

7. truckin916

Sep 7, 2007
    Wild Wild West
    If you tested positive then they should have automatically used your split sample to confirm the positive result. That's what it's for. So if it also tested positive there may not be anything you can do about it.

8. truckin916

Sep 7, 2007
    Wild Wild West
    Get a copy of your DAC report and that will tell you if they reported it or not, but like the others said, I'm pretty certain that they have to report it,'

9. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    Get the other sample tested. I don't think it is done automaticly.

Why didn't you already have the other sample tested? Is it because you know it will test positive too?

Like mentioned if this is a company that uses dac then it's on your dac gauranteed. I'm not real familiar with the guidlines as I don't much worry about this but like stated earlyer I believe they all go to DOT anyways so you either have to get the split sample tested and it comes back positive or it comes back negative. if it is positive you better start looking for another line of work.
    yes, it is that serious
    and you may want to change your user name, you don't seem that lucky to me

10. CAPTLUCKYDUCK

Sep 3, 2007
    DAPHNE,AL
    I already did this am ...came back >>>>NEGATIVE

11. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Good for you. Now, you need to clean up the aftermath. You have been given good advice here, you need to protect your DAC, first and foremost, so you need to press with the company and maybe you need to use the Dac Fix to get this cleaned up. I would get going with it, because if its already on your DAC, your going to be a while getting a job, unless you get a good employer that see through the red tape.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.