Falcon Truck School, Vallejo, CA

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by grnburg, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Scott101

Scott101 Medium Load Member

Nov 30, 2008
    NorCal
    Sounds pretty good. How many instructors for 8 students?

In my opinion it's better to learn on worn out equipment. After driving an older/loose truck, a newer/tighter truck is easy. Probably not so easy the other way around.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ravenrider4

ravenrider4 Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2011
    Yes we do have lodging available.

4. grnburg

grnburg Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Sacramento, CA
    Pretty thorough post there, Cowboy. I'm near Sac so decided to go with Western Truck School. Charles there has already been terrifically helpful with getting job placement, applications submitted and the like. Falcon didn't seem to live up to their website when I went to their offices and saw the their training ground. I got the impression the son (who's running it now) is riding on his family's laurels. I didn't get a bad impression, and the staff seems open and friendly. Falcon was very careful to not promise getting a job through them. Maybe 'once bit...', but Western has already helped me get 3 pre-hires, and without me putting any money down. I start December 5, so we'll see. "The proof of the pudding is in the eating."

And, Florida is a bit farther than I want to travel from CA for training!

5. Asphalt Cowboy Spirit

Asphalt Cowboy Spirit Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2011
    California
    I think you made a good choice as I`ve only heard good things about Western Pacific Truck School. I might go this way also afterall, we`ll see... I`ve contacted them and waiting for some answers, like lodging for instance...

6. Spokester

Spokester Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Port Angeles, WA
    Hey all. Just found this thread. I went through Falcon in October '11 on the special rate. Was very happy with it. I'm sure there are things that could have been better, and I did get an unusual amount of drive time, as we had some students drop out for lack of proper paperwork/medical clearance. But over all, it was good. Yeah, the equipment was a bit ragged, but really, this stuff isn't cheap, so it was good enough.

I went with May Trucking Co. starting in December '11, now in my 4th month solo. Falcon gave me a good foundation to build on.

I-80Trucker Thanks this.
  7. I-80Trucker

I-80Trucker Light Load Member

May 5, 2012
    I went to Falcon Truck school in the later months of 2012,,, we had a class of about 13 or 15 and by the time we Finished with the in Class part of the training it was Down to about 10 people , when i signed on i asked about how big the classes were and i was told they DO NOT like to Train more then about 8-10 students. to give everyone plenty of drive time behind the wheel .

for me at that time they had 2 Instructors working and 3 trucks but only used 2 of the trucks and the 3rd truck was for backup in case one of the other trucks broke down or was busy.

The Trucks ,,,,,,, um yeah older model Cabovers 9 speeds , 1995 i think they said, the Good part is they are both almost the same truck so no matter what truck u get into its almost the same as the other truck.

Because the class was at max " we all kinda felt a little not so happy about our drive time and how long we had to wait to take our turn on the drive Course, what they like to do is have 3-4-5-6- depending on the size of the class that month, for us it was 5 people stay on the Drive Course and the other 5 People go out Driving around the town, well with five people at the yard at a time we figured that each of us were able to drive the Course about 4 times in the entire day ,,,,, yup seams crazy but that is about how it worked out for us and the People in the truck Driving around town were only able to Drive once before coming back to the yard ,, so your in the truck all day with -4-5 people and after your turn Driving, your stuck sitting in the truck for the rest of the day,, but that's how it is no matter what school you go to ,,, so i Hear ....

There is more i can INFORM YOU about the School, if you want more info message me .

Yes, i did at the end of the Course get my CDL, WITH ALL ENDORSEMENTS .

O and yes i would Recommend this truck school to someone that wants to get into trucking ,,, is it the Best ?? No way ,,, is it Able to get you a CDL for a very low price and PROVIDE you job placement ? YES !

I WILL MAKE OVER 50,000 my first year as a truck driver.
    :Straight road:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.