False Information in my employment record at company.

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by Grouch, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    Without going into a long, long detailed story, by pure coincidence, I have discovered in my file with the trucking that I am employed by, there is a record of an accident that I have had. I have logs to prove that I was no where close to the town that this alleged accident occurred. Further proof, is I bought fuel with company fuel card and credit card company would have a record concerning my whereabouts on that date.

Now, what options do I have?? If any?? I want to know how and who put this in my personnel file. Did this cause me "harm", well the answer is no. But it did cause another employer to question my honesty when I applied with them and that is how I found out about the whole situation. My present employer has promised to remove it from my file, but then how do I know?? The home office is some 200 miles from the location I work out of, so I cannot just "drop by" and look at my file. The alleged accident happened over 2 years ago and this has been laying on my record, unknowing to me, since that date.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Request a meeting with safety and ask for a review of your driving history as well as a copy of everything in your personnel file. Contact Hirerite and get a copy of your DAC report, and check what is on there. If the accident is part of your record, provide all paperwork (logs, manifest, fuel receipts) to prove otherwise. If a change is warranrted and not provided, then seek legal consul on how to proceed.

4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    it may be possible that a truck with numbers close to yours was involved and some how, someone in the office misread that information.
    they should have brought you into the office to discuss this accident with you, to get your side of the story, and this could have been cleared up then.

go and obtain a copy of your DAC and see what it says. you can still have the compnay remove that information as long as you still have proof of where you were at, at the time.

you can also add a rebuttal to your DAC, that you did not have that (or any) accident and you still have proof to show a new employer.

and for gosh sakes, NEVER lose that information!!!!

you very well may need it for the next 7 years, as after 7 years, no information is supposed to be said about you from a former employer.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  5. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Well the company I drive for doesn't mess with DAC, also, no police report because damage was so low that the company just went away and paid off the other party, so I was told.LOL

No I do not throw away logs, I have logs from years ago and when this came to my attention, I went straight to my log files. and proved them wrong, wrong and wrong.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  6. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    No accident on my DMV record, already checked. Only way it came to my attention so when I applied with another trucking company and the present employer reported to them the accident. When I was told, I CAME UNGLUED!!

7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    that's what i have done, kept all my logs/DVIR's since about day 1.

i might need a new house, to store all my stuff now..lol

born&raisedintheusa and Grouch Thank this.
  8. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    You can actually scan all of your past logs and keep them both on a flash drive and in your computer.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

NavigatorWife and buddyd157 Thank this.
  9. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    I too would have been very upset! That is your very livelihood being screwed with!

It is terrible that an accident that never occurred can be reported and put in your file!

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

10. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Any of us could go get a new log book and write a couple pages to prove our innocence from years past.
    This comment ,is not ,doubt from me, just skepticism you will face.
    Don't lose the other receipts you have that prove your whereabouts. This paperwork reinforces each other.
    Surprised the company didn't address this "accident" with you.
    Contact the insurance provider to see what they have. Even when I've had the possibility of a claim I always contact my insurance agent.
    Good luck.

NavigatorWife and buddyd157 Thank this.
  11. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Well sir, I bought fuel with company credit card, so I have the credit card company as to the date and time of purchase. So Mr. now come back with another line of ########.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.