Family Dollar Account

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by ilovetrucking93, Oct 25, 2020.

1. ilovetrucking93

ilovetrucking93 Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2020
    Guys i have a question im a local o/o.
    Always ran containers locally.
    My question is has anybody done this family dollar account delivering to stores with 3-5 stops? Locally? If so about how much time does it take to unload the trailer at each stop on average?.... im leaving containers to go do this i know i have to unload trailer myself is why im asking
    Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
  4. FozzyNOK

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
  5. FozzyNOK

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
  6. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    Wonder job for some, especially in hot humid weather. Helps you to stay in shape. Me, I would rather stay fat and lazy. Glad there are some drivers who are not afraid of "back breaking" work. Not this "old man".

homeskillet Thanks this.
  7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    If you do some searches here of Family Dollar, Dollar General, you will find some sad stories. Companies try to get new drivers into these accounts because anyone that been there awhile won't do them. Tight parking lots with cars parked stupid and having to back in off of busy roads equal a lot of drivers getting into a couple scrapes. Then they get fired and have a hard time getting another job.

8. FozzyNOK

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    They don't really worry about getting new drivers.. they will take ANY drivers.. But you are correct that most experienced drivers will not do it. Its a TON of work and a horrible "threat envelope" for all drivers. It's a meat grinder. I had to advise several drivers to NOT take the account.. only to have some ops person "convince" the the driver to stay. I have nixed dozens of drivers who probably still hate me.. Most of them went to one of the other dollar accounts and were almost instantly damaged and terminated. Drivers do NOT heed warnings and they do so to their own detriment.

Lonesome and bzinger Thank this.
  9. ilovetrucking93

Oct 25, 2020
    Well reason im thinking of taking it is because its local which is what i do but pay is almost double what i make right now in containers as an o/o which is $5500/week thats gross before fuel and insurance which shouldnt be more then $800

but still is it possible to do 3-5 stops everyday? And finish the 48ft trailer locally within 100miles radius

10. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Yes. I ran Dollar Tree out of Berwick, Pa for USX for almost a year. For a competent driver it’s no big deal. You’ll put some work in on unloading, i recommend getting yourself a 4’ roller. It will save you time!! You can do 6+ stops in a day with a 53. The big difference from what you are saying and what we did, is that we would load out this afternoon & head to our 1st stop, spend the night there & start unloading in the morning.

you’ll still be able to pull it off grabbing your trailer in the morning if your stops are close enough.

as you get better/faster, you find that the store crews actually slow you down. You can stack rollers faster than three people can unload them lol.

i could unload a 53 with 3,500-4,000pcs in 1hr 15min if memory serves.

ilovetrucking93 Thanks this.
  11. ilovetrucking93

Oct 25, 2020
    Ok yeah im only 27yrs old and not in bad shape not the best but im able. My biggest fear was is it possible to pick up the trailer early in the morning and make all 3-5 stops before my 14hrs run out. I didnt want to have to take the trailer back to HQ half full lol. Im going to be doing this around houston, tx btw.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.