Family Lucky To Be Alive

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Jun 24, 2020.

1. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Classic XL was my first thought. They are the last true solid shakers built imo. Seen too many cab separations with the new generations.
    Edit: looking back at the pic again it is clear it is not a Classic XL. Doors and underhood air intake look like Columbia.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    Reason for edit: Add a comment
    86scotty Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SmallPackage

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Same. In the summers I was either trucking with an Uncle or my Godfather or playing on a drilling rig location with my Dad.

4. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    It might be a Columbia(didn’t think of that one). I was also thinking possibly a modified Century Class but the truck is definitely a Freight Shaker! Wish there was a more enhanced photo or more photos of the truck from different angles.

5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i can't tell...when i expanded her picture, her boobs expanded as well. she has at least 2........

eyes..????

6. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Both of the threads in this thread are quite interesting.

I've seen a lot of cabs separated from trucks in crashes over the last year or two, all types.

Even more than that I've seen a lot of engines completely ripped out in truck accidents. Just saw a Blue Volvo on 81 last week that was actually intact from the windshield back but the whole engine was just gone. Off in the woods somewhere I guess.

I have seen a lot of her but not quite enough. Could some take the top off her as well so we can get a better look at the situation?

mjd4277, Infosaur and SmallPackage Thank this.
  7. SmallPackage

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    I’ve noticed the same.
    Cabs completely off. Engines and trans broke out. Also seems like anything built after 2010 explodes and burns to the ground.
    Totalled beyond recognition.
    I don’t know why. There have always been wrecks and a very small % resulted in fire and most of the time the truck and/ or trailer could be repaired and go truckin again.
    Is it all the miles of electrical wires?
    Is it the def system? This is a major fire hazard for sure and has proven to be.
    Crappy build quality on some and weaker material on all to save weight and manufacturing cost?
    I won’t personally blame the effects of speed in the crash because most of the trucks that crash and burn are some of the slowest runners on the roads. Even back in the 55 mph days 70 was a normal day and even more at night and 1000’s of old trucks are still around that survived tons more abuse than we throw at them today.

Bud A. and TokyoJoe Thank this.
  8. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    you know this bothers me.

in my earlier years, working for NAVL..(north american van lines) in the general freight division of Com-Trans, we all had cab over Internationals...(freightliners were coming though), i HAD SEEN an o/o (bed bugger) have HIS ENTIRE family with him..wife and 4 kids.....

i dunno, of course this would mean, no home to live in....and this WAS NOT summer time vacation for the kids...it was early spring time.

Bud A. Thanks this.
  9. SmallPackage

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    It wasn’t uncommon in my small town for a couple or more cattle or grain trucks to be sitting outside the school to pickup the kids. Ride with dad the rest of the afternoon than get home and work some more.

Bud A. and buddyd157 Thank this.
  10. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i would see that as "normal" in some parts of the country. great way to maybe pique the interest of one of the kids to get into the business.

11. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

You could say their lives,

hung in the balance,:cool:

BBD3F172-0A59-4CF8-99BB-05BB69DEDE5F.jpeg

I took my family out with me a few times. It wasn’t as much fun as you’d think. And it’s possible under the current situation it might be necessary. My wife would like me to take my son out because he’s been effectively homeschooled since March but there’s just too many variables OTR right now. Can’t guarantee a bathroom, food or a parking space right now. And that’s between shippers who might reject you if you have a fever.

Bud A. Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.