Family ride in semi turns deadly

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by pattyj, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Driver took the ramp too fast.My deepest condolences goes out to the husband,father all family members and friends.

mitrucker and mjd4277 Thank this.
  3. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    children distracted?

Seems if your taking them for a ride, one doesnt need to use the freeway. Just my 2 pennies

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  4. Maj. Jackhole

Maj. Jackhole Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2017
    Reading the article leaves me wondering if he was a new driver.

dan31186 and Blackshack46 Thank this.
  5. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Very sad

mitrucker Thanks this.
  6. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Who cares if he was new. He lost his wife and his 1yr old child. He has to live with this for the rest of his life. Tragic.

Roberts450 and HotH2o Thank this.
  7. Maj. Jackhole

Maj. Jackhole Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2017
    So don't respond to my comment then

HotH2o Thanks this.
  8. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    This is why so many companies have a NO rider policy.

When I drove for my starter company, CFI, they had a very generous and liberal rider policy. But before someone could climb into the cab with me, they had to sign a form. That form said, and I am paraphrasing, "Riding in a truck could result in serious injury or death." At least the person who climbed in with me got a sobering warning which they agreed to.

9. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Then don’t be such a jackhole then. I know, I know, it’s your handle, I get it.

10. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

He does have to live with it. And i could not imagine or even think of that happening to my family.

But! On the other hand. The facts are in the article. He failed to negotiate the curve. His actions cost people their lives.

You make the choice to drive like an idiot, OWN the consequences. You make the choice to take family along and drive like an idiot, own it.

New drivers and old driver need to THINK about what they are about to do. This isnt a game, and this driver just learned first hand, what happens when you fail to be in control. Our job, the one we do everyday, requires the most attention to detail and yet anyone new and old... drive like they're back on the block.

Im not advocating no riders. I encourage it, as I take my wife along and will take my kids when they are old enough. You can't pass this trade down by just talking about it.

Rest in peace to the ones lost. My condolences to the family that has to live with it. Especially the sibling.

I hope this is a message to everyone. Take care, and be in control. One moment you have it all. The next moment you have NOTHING!

mitrucker, magoo68 and Maj. Jackhole Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.