Family Tradition Trucking

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by tlroyster1995, Apr 30, 2008.

1. tlroyster1995

tlroyster1995 Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Newark, OH
    Just wanted to give other drivers a heads up. After working for this man twice and over a period of three years. He found a way to take over $1500 out my husband's last 2 checks with him. 1st was $1300 for a freight shortage that took place almost a year ago. He didn't make a claim, but waited until my husband gave him notice to bring it up after several months had passed. We thought it had been taken care of and was done and over with. Then on the final check he took (get this)over $200 for an alternator that is still at a shop and the repairs have never been paid for. He charged my husband for it. We don't have the alternator and he know exactly where it is. Has past the man's shop several time a week in the past several months and didn't pick it up but blamed my husband because he doesn't have it. You end up paying his atm charges, because he says his bank doesn't charge him, oh yes they do. It's $1.50 per transaction. Over 3 years that is quite a bit of money with over 5-6 transactions a week.

This man forces his drivers to run illegally. He has no respect for your home time, or your family. You may get in after 10 days gone to get told, your on call. If I get a load you gotta go. Has no respect for the work they do for him. Expects them to work on his equipment with no compensation. Equipment is well used up and outdated. Many things are unsafe.

This man will make you think he is your friend and looking out for your best interest. Beware.....He is only lining his pockets.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tom Joad

Tom Joad Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2008
    Rt 66 headed west
    Sounds typical. It could be worse. He could have done a lease purchase and ended up ruining his credit too.

But as long as truck drivers think a contract is unnessary this is going to happen more and more

4. Sleepyson

Sleepyson Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2020
    Where is this co located ? Can you give the crooked owners name ?

5. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    This post is from 2008... and the OP only posted once. Safe to say, you're not getting an answer.

rachi, Lonesome, TB John and 1 other person Thank this.
  6. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    This is why I do not do business with family!;)

ZVar and deathB4decaf Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.