Famous quotes from brokers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Final Drive, May 21, 2019.

1. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    ohh common. post it. ;-)

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ive got a bridge to sell you.

There is a town called Boring Maryland. A actual town. I think the 6 ton wooden span was replaced over the railroad tracks by now.

I don't care for everyone can run it but you.

Great. Put them into the truck I'll grab lunch. Or do it yourself.

Come back with a damaged truck? Like a seriously grenaded rear end or a burnt engine? They rag on me. You are not a professional etc etc etc.

Sometimes these tractors go up and they are always scary. I remember one punched his block Pan blew downwards followed by shrapnel and this BOOOM.

This is hard to explain so bear with me.

Prior to that engine going out, many of us was pretty quietly listening to this driver rant, bellyache and cry.. cry is not a strong enough words what words he can get of his choking tears.

BLBOOOOM!

30 minutes of silence (Not really but those of you know the Angels might take issues.

Then this outragously sailor trained profanity blew the radio down for 200 miles around. When the engilsh failed him and he's flapping his lips trying to get the words out but was so angry that his command of the spoken english got really bad.

Some of us were afraid he might stroke out. But no, we got him down the next truck stop. Leaving a hazmat trailer on the mountain.

(Shouldnt someone baby sit this thing?)

I hoped to be empty and back that way to see if there is any way to help him out a little but Dispatcher sent me another way.

4. Final Drive

Final Drive Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2015
    That's one of those lightweight loads..

5. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    Posted a truck empty in Sylmar, CA whiling to go to Midwest. Phone rings 7 am. TQL. I have a load , must be picked up by 8.30 am in Torrance, CA , if you will be late they will charge you $300 late fee . I say sorry but I can't. He says why, It's only 40 miles. I wanted to explain him what is taking I-405 south at 7-9am but he disconnected :)

QuietStorm, Lumper Humper and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    I think its a load of illegal emigrants passed border 2 days ago near Del Rio. You just open the doors and they will walk away...

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    mp4694330, Midwest Trucker and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    So in other words you don't give a &^%$ about what is in that truck going "There" but you cannot wait to see a old Dispatcher lather up for the hot date with the high paying load waiting to be shipped out.

Gee thanks boss. YEEESH...

8. Final Drive

Jan 21, 2015
    Not to change the subject but that reminds me of the year 2003 Victoria,Tx when 19 immigrants gave the ultimate sacrifice to come to this wonderful country..

mp4694330 and mhyn Thank this.
  9. Broker lying about the weight:

It's only 25k lbs pays (what ever he says)

Get to pickup:

It's 48k lb load.

mhyn Thanks this.
  10. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Heard this one today from a broker. "These rates are awful. I can't believe THEY'RE expecting you to run for this little money?"

Nostalgic Thanks this.
  11. Final Drive

Jan 21, 2015
    Lol
    Maybe a little reverse psychology..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.