Farewell to trucking

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by TexasPhoenix, Sep 25, 2016.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I might come out a million dollar man with parts inside of me and find myself racing robots out there years from now. Or not.

Anyway, enjoy the nursing home. A little of this for you and a little that for me and fun for all....

Mike2633 and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. breadtrk

breadtrk Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Props to you. My gal has been in that work for 30 years, MDS coordinator, now on the regional level.

Activities and therapy are the nursing home money makers these days. Hope you are ready for the pressure, might want that truck back sooner than you think.

4. maggard359

maggard359 Medium Load Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Florida
    Good luck, and hope it all works out. I praise anyone who can find work and leave this profession. You will miss it some, I didn't think I would when I was off with my back broke but I did. You leave them old women alone now we don't wanna read about you in the paper :eek:

bzinger Thanks this.
  5. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    She probably will. She mentioned a deceased husband.

6. maggard359

maggard359 Medium Load Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Florida
    Oops I just read the first posting. Sorry

7. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I'm almost 56. Started in 1996. Can't wait to escape. I wish you nothing but the very best!

bzinger Thanks this.
  8. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    God bless, man.

bzinger Thanks this.
  9. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Have fun and if you enjoy the job you will not miss it. I drove a truck for a couple of years but spent my entire life doing the swing shift thing always driving something. For the first time in my life I have somewhat normal hours and love it. Like you I am finally in a position to put my degree to work.

10. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Congrats to the OP! Sounds great!

I was a general contractor before I was essentially forced into trucking due to the housing crash 8 years ago.

I had a 1 year stint in the corporate office of a trucking company and couldn't stand it.

I just turned 59 today and plan to end my vocational career as an O/O.

If I thought I could earn a couple of grand a week doing something else and being home every night, I'd consider it again. However, I've never done anything so easy as I'm doing now, so, I really don't anticipate it.

Cheers OP!

TROOPER to TRUCKER and bzinger Thank this.
  11. #1don

#1don Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    somewhere down south
    Congrats .....myself I am only 47 been driving since '91 And I hate every single day out here. Wish to God I could find something else to make the money I do, and be home every day. Where I live local driving jobs don't pay squat. You have to work 25 hours a day and 8 days a week just to keep normal every day bills paid . Wow what I would do to come off the road. But it's the only thing I know been in trucking in one capacity or the other since I was 18 yrs old.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.