Farewell to trucking

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by TexasPhoenix, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Man, I am sorry to hear that. I, for one, appreciate your sacrifice in providing me with just about EVERYTHING in my house.

#1don and TROOPER to TRUCKER Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TexasPhoenix

TexasPhoenix Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Thanks guys. I'm not going to be rolling in dough. Will be supplemented by survivor (widow) Social Security. Might as well use my late husband's SS. He only got a year of it before being killed in a motorcycle accident. He is still supporting me. Won't be able to make this job change without it.

4. TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides Medium Load Member

Dec 5, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Congrats to TexasPhoenix for being able to move onward and upward, it's scary making that transition sometimes. I myself got into trucking because I wanted a change from another career field that reminds me so much of trucking now, Restaurants.
    I managed a fine dining Steakhouse for 13 years and the money was great but the hours were rediculous, always working holidays and weekends, stress levels through the roof, & had hours that kept you from having a normal life. I escaped to trucking & my stress levels are low now but everything else is the same. Oh well, I'm going to keep doing it until I don't enjoy it any longer then its time to move on to the next chapter

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.