Farewell truckers report

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by D.Tibbitt, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Dang! We haven't had a heated argument yet.

Should you decide that your new occupation of scuba diving pizza delivery guy just isn't working out, please return to TTR forthwith.

I'll still be here. I ain't got no life.

tommymonza, not4hire, Cat sdp and 10 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    Good luck with whatever you decide to do!! I’ve enjoyed your posts too. Definitely keep your CDL. Seems like almost every trucker I know gets out of it and ends up getting back in. I think you’ll do great at whatever you decide to do.

4. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    20210330_025640.jpg
    These bad boys are sure to lure you back.

dunchues, PPDCT, LoSt_AgAiN and 12 others Thank this.
  5. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    You'll be back, I found, even after 20 years, you can't just turn it off. I've always looked to you for modern advice, not the half baked outdated advice I give. Not to be rude, don't be so selfish, you have a lot of great advice to give, and remember, that's what this site is about, trying to help others. Good luck, pal, and for the record, a large % of drivers here , did something else, but trucking never leaves the system.

MACK E-6, PPDCT, Brettj3876 and 16 others Thank this.
  6. Solo Driver

Solo Driver Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2018

May you always have Fair Winds and Following Seas in your new adventures in life.

7. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    As someone who has changed careers a few times, I understand the itch to experience new and different challenges.

All the best to you.

not4hire, Badmon, Dave_in_AZ and 5 others Thank this.
  8. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Whatever works out. It's always best to leave this, or any career on some sort of high note than to leave it on a sour one and feel like you've been thrown to the wolves.

As for me, I just haven't found any other line of work that won't put me to sleep or have me working with a bunch of kids(IT, Comp sci? Interesting fields that are in demand. But too loud for my taste).

9. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    We’ve had our discussions about straps on steel....but nothing ever got out of hand. Lol.

Best of luck to you in your new adventures. You should take pride in knowing that for every person you gave advice to on this site there were countless others who read that advice without any interaction here.

dunchues, MACK E-6, PPDCT and 13 others Thank this.
  10. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    @D.Tibbitt This seems like an April fools joke. But it was only March 30th. Best of luck quitting driving, trust me on that I have left 3 times. Hope you find what you are searching for. Best always and positive waves sent your way.

11. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.