FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Awesome... glad they are keeping you rolling. Ya, they do an awesome job of on boarding new guys here. Keep us all posted with your whereabouts... as you know, the guys here are a great source of information for us new guys. So speak up if you need to ask anything.

Stay Safe

Crusader66 and BigR Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Geesh... how did that escape me... lol ... Next time we meet, you may thump me on the back of my head... lol

Interestingly, I too had an old timer tell me the very same thing... :D ... just a few years ago.

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  4. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    You referring to me? Sheesh.

5. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Out of pure respect for your 42 years behind the wheel... of course... ;)

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  6. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    Any axle with brakes. That’s why most u-hauls and the like don’t need chains. No brakes

Crusader66 Thanks this.
  7. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    So the new HOS rules are kicking in. As others are reporting in other threads, they are seeing the changes flowing down to their QC.

I can confirm that yesterday my PreTrip On Duty status did not start my 8 but the count down only started once I tripped into Driving status.

Later today I’m going to take a 30 with mixed status of On Duty, Off Duty, and Yard Maneuver to see if that is working as expected.

Supposedly only Driving will trip your 8 (as mentioned above) and count towards your 10? Is that correct?

Anyone seeing or can confirm other changes?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    Crusader66 Thanks this.
  8. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    (I don’t work for FCC)

I did a 7-3 split this morning...
    Went off duty 2 miles from my delivery with 1:45 left on clock.. Took an 7 hr SB. Got the 1:45 back. Drove to delivery, got empty and drove back to yard. Before, I would use PC or wait for 8hr.
    Home an hr earlier and no shenanigans LOL

9. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Thanks... so I’ve never used the 8/2... but thinking I need to add that tool to my toolbag here at FCC... I assume the new 7/3 works the same way.

is it a hard 8/2 or 7/3 meaning if I roll after 7.5 I would then have to still take a 3 at some point this actually extending my 10 to a 10.5 total? or it only uses what’s required to complete the 10... in this example 2.5.

I really need to start playing with it on days I don’t need it just so it’s more “available” when I do need to pull it out.

Crusader66 and ncmickey Thank this.
  10. beardeddriver

beardeddriver Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2020
    7/3 or 8/2 are the minimums . so if you do 7.5 you will need a 3 later to be good

11. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    You would need to do the whole 3 in your example.
    In my case, I just did the 7 part of the split. I went off duty at our yard and I’m home till Monday... The three is negated because I’ll get a reset at home. A 10 will negated the three too.
    I use the split break occasionally. It is very handy and gives you more options.

Crusader66 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.