FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    That place has become such a pit! No room to drop trailers!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    And they say grocery warehouses are the worst...that view makes going to the grocery warehouses a walk in the park.

4. Loner2legs

Loner2legs Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2019
    I am not what the issue was but it was a mess ! The top of the hill was crazy as normal
    Another fcc driver L/P driver was there and he dropped his trailer and hooked to a empty trailer and pulled it out and I dropped my loaded trailer and he dropped that empty and grabbed his loaded trailer and I pulled a empty trailer out for him

5. Modlite11

Modlite11 Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2016
    Clinton, TN
    *Flatbed Update*

Got unloaded in Omaha yesterday, and my DM had me take the van I’ve been pulling around to our drop yard in Lincoln to grab a flatbed.

From Lincoln, headed to York NE for a load of vinyl fencing that’s due Monday morning for a 2 stop, 1 in Riverside CA and the 2nd in Palmdale CA.

I’ll probably be on recap come Monday.

6. Modlite11

Modlite11 Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2016
    Clinton, TN
    *Flatbed*

Unloaded in Riverside this morning and called my DM to let him know of my recap. He said we’ll do whatever is necessary. Waiting to be unloaded in Palmdale.

After this, going to Lucerne Valley CA for “bagged minerals” going to Denver for Wednesday.

7. Loner2legs

Loner2legs Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2019
    My brother lives in Lucerne Valley be careful Highway 18 out there is a death trap !!!

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  8. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    Mitsubishi Cement?

9. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Hey flatbedders, quick question. Yesterday I saw a pickup truck towing a fifth wheel flatbed trailer with a smaller shipping container. It seemed to be secured with a single strap. Not even one of those wide straps but what looked to be a regular width strap like what we use in the vans.

legal?

10. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    1 strap as the only securement, not legal. He probably had chains at the bottom of the container chaining it down. They can be hard to see unless you're looking for them.

mushroom1464 and MidWest_MacDaddy Thank this.
  11. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    1 is no way legal...depending on the size, 3 minimum, 4 or 5 if it's a bigger one....but like @RStewart said, probably had chains thru the bottom corner holes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.