FCC--Fremont Contract Carriers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Jun 16, 2017.

1. zodiacflyer

zodiacflyer Heavy Load Member

Aug 25, 2014
    I have never really been all that impressed with the T680 sleepers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Oh please don’t get me wrong. I am so very BLESSED to be at home vs hotel.

That’s been the one upside to being broke down close to this particular Dealership.

But ya, I’m eager to get rolling.

The worst part is just the day to day not knowing. It went from a week (yet hopeful) to then a couple days, now back to 1-2 weeks (yet still hopeful) but maybe the DSM at KW can expedite it… LOL

I think I’d prefer it’s going to be three weeks… then we could have dipped into savings and taken a cruise together or something… LOL

not beatching just rambling.

stay safe!!!

runningman0661 Thanks this.
  4. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Ya, me either. Still better than the Shakers. So many things could be improved or changed. Especially compared to the Volvos. (Just living space not debating mechanical etc) But don’t get me walking down that path, again. :)

5. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Watching the latest FCC safety meeting online, I saw Tim say they have some Volvo’s on order.

6. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Heard that a few times but still haven’t seen any on the yard.

But hopefully

Thanks for the reminder, I need to catch up on the last few meetings.

runningman0661 Thanks this.
  7. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Since I have the time, it’s been awhile since I gave FCC a good old pat on the back.

Our Shops continue to impress me in general. Never feeling like I’m getting the run around. Never feeling that I’m being misled or flat out lied to. Actually feeling as if I’m the one writing the checks for any visits.

I appreciate that they really want to lay hands on the Trucks every 8k or Trailers every 8w… or so. It doesn’t always happen but they have that as a goal and that alone IS impressive.

As a direct result, I rarely come across issues with trailers OTR and if I do it’s addressed in the moment. Also, because we don’t have lots of issues out here, I’m sure most of us actually address issues out here when we come across them instead of passing them on to the next Driver. (That too only helps everyone out here)

Not everything can be identified while in the Shops (ie my current situation) but one can’t just swap out parts for the heck of it. That’s just not even realistic and not expected. No slight there.

Even when things happen while OTR (again, current situation) I know… absolutely KNOW… that I am in good hands!!! Shane, Matthew, Glen, et al are always just a call away. Always!!! Never waiting on hold. Never delayed getting permission to do repairs.

Over the last 10 days, Matthew has reached out to me several times to keep me in the loop. While I might not like the news, I’m not guessing or being left in the dark.

So while I haven’t said it often lately, I appreciate a lot of things here at FCC and the Shops are most certainly on my list!!!

Keep up the great work FCC!!!

cdavis188, bzinger, gntorres61 and 2 others Thank this.
  8. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    So, last Friday I was given the option to pickup a load to get home which would have had me home Sunday, three days early. I declined. So Andrew, my DM gave me a laundry list of six loads to tie me over the weekend. Fremont to Norfolk, Columbus to Council Bluffs, Lincoln To Holdrege, Broken Bow to Kansas City, KC back to Holdrege, Broken Bow to Council Bluffs, then finally, Council Bluffs to Four Oaks NC, then home.

I finished Monday at 5pm, but I needed to get my 8k miles grease, and the shop wanted to replace my windshield so spent the night in Council Bluffs yard.

Tuesday, grabbed my load home but ran out of my 70 at Mt. Vernon IL. Took my 34 there and Thursday made it to Bastian VA.

Finally making it home today and then headed to JMU in Harrisonburg VA for my wife's grandson marching band competition. Having been a drum major myself 44 years ago, these events hold a special place in my heart. Not upset getting home late, if I got enough time back on split sleeper, will head to Four Oaks now! Deuces everyone!

9. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Fun. My HS never had Marching Band but my two daughters were on the Color Guard during HS and College. Actually rather fun events. Hanging out with other parents and always good music and shows.

We wish him Luck and let us know how they did!!!

gntorres61 Thanks this.
  10. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    Decent bonus check coming. Just under 42000 for the quarter. Too much time off!!

11. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    43,226 for me. They will run you here if you want to work.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.