Fed-Ex Delivery Sucks

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by WiseOne, Sep 4, 2007.

1. WiseOne

WiseOne Inactive contact bullhaulerswife

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    Where I work at now, we stopped using UPS and started using Fed-Ex because they had a better rate. Let's just say, you get what you pay for for sure. Fed-Ex is horrible. They damage a ridiculous amount of goods and they even throw stuff around in the trailers. And, Fed-Ex uses some outside agencies to handle claims that deny almost every claim even though it was clearly their fault. I don't know what it is with Fed-Ex...I guess running 90 miles and hour, hitting every bump might have part to do with it...throwing stuff around doesn't help either. If you are reading this thinking of switching to Fed-Ex, I suggest you think REALLY hard about it before you do. IMHO, Fed-Ex has ended up being the JB Hunt of the LTL industry (cut-throat and unprofessional). We even have cameras all over the place watching them throw stuff around and have watched them as well. If you care about your goods getting to your customers in one piece, steer clear of Fed-Ex until they fix their problems.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. k7aab

k7aab <strong>Sticking my nose in all the wrong places</

Jul 28, 2007
    Alot of it with these compnaies is they put there part time , low paid handlers off the street under tough conditions, they have a huge quota to meet in the 4 hours they work. So thats what happens, company sponsored damage at oh 8 dollars an hour. To bad Fed Ex went to the wayside, they used to be the 'better' company.:biggrin_25511:

4. Attitude:)

Attitude:) "Love each Day as if it was your last"

Jul 13, 2007
    TX NM & CO
    I don't know who's worse, FedEx or DHL. I've had major problems with both of them! Fedex has lost two of the deliveries I've waited on in the past, DHL drivers couldnt find where I lived so 10 days later, waiting on an overnight delivery, my modem finally showed up. I don't like nor trust either one of them. Never had a problem with UPS.

5. jcash1

jcash1 Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    We get Fed-ex Ground by us and I cringe every time he pulls up to the dock. The driver has one of those 24' straight trucks. When he opens the door there is stuff everywhere! The other day they had some catalogs ontop of some boxes marked "fragile glass". The boxes were crushed! The guy was almost proud to say we broke another mirror. The loaders just don't care. Their only there to load the trucks not to care about what going in them, or the stickers that are put on the boxes for a reason to protect the product.

6. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    I won't use Fed-ex for home deliveries.

They pull up jump out and put the box right in front of my door!
    Can't open the door because the box get's caught on the door mat. SIGH

I can't tell you how many times I've had to go out the window to get to the box.j/k

UPS is pretty cool up here....THEY usually ring the door bell and if Iam not here they put it in the back door.

Fed ex has never done that...THEY could care less if it's raining or if my package should get stolen, they would leave it right in front for the whole world to see.:biggrin_25512:

7. WiseOne

WiseOne Inactive contact bullhaulerswife

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    Agreed, Fed-Ex and DHL are off of my list to use from now on. IF that is all they use, who I buy from, I will NOT buy from again. Sick of them.

EXACTLY...I had a feeling this was not uncommon. Thanks for sharing!

Yup, agreed, UPS is a far cry from Fed-Ex. I will REFUSE anyone who tries to force me to use Fed-Ex anymore. I will NOT buy from them.

8. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    WiseOne I'm assuming you are talking FedEx ground?????????

Out here I've had nothing but awesome service out of FedEx Overnight.

If DHL is any thing like Airborne Express whom they bought out then I absolutely agree that they probably REALLY REALLY SUCK.

9. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

i dont know about fed ex....but dhl...yea ive got experiance with them

3 times now ive had to get anouther cell phone for various reasons....always shipped by dhl...my wife always specifies not to deliever until after 3 pm due to work/school issues....3 times now ive had to drive back into town at nite to get my phones...twice becuase they couldnt read the do not deliever until after 3pm on the sticker plastered to the box and once becuase the driver couldnt find the street i live on...shesh its even on the map now

10. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

We know the real reason you like UPS!:biggrin_255:

11. Markk9

Markk9 "On your mark"

Nov 26, 2006
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    I have had Fed-ex buy two pistols and one rifle over the last 5 years. When shipping firearms, they go overnight, signature of adult over 21 required for delivery. Three times fed-ex just dropped them at the front door. They do pay fast when you tell them you will be calling the ATF about stolen firearms.

I like the good old USPS for all non firearms stuff, and UPS for firearms. UPS nevers seem to forget the over 21 signature requirement.

Mark

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted