Fed Ex Ground ROCKS!

Discussion in 'FedEx' started by muabbor, Jun 19, 2009.

1. muabbor

muabbor Bobtail Member

May 20, 2009
    Mpls Minn
    I was lucky enough to find me a Fed Ex Ground driver willing to give me a chance after completing school - NO real experience driving long drives , or short ones for that matter, and was just wondering if there is anything I need to know from the experienced ones?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LadyDallasDriver

LadyDallasDriver Light Load Member

May 5, 2008
    USA
    I am looking at them also....any info would be great

4. steelersfan

steelersfan Medium Load Member

May 9, 2009
    BRIDGEWATER, NJ
    Muabbor does not work for fed ex ground, he will work for an O/O that contracts for them. Totally different!!!!!

5. Drop'n'Hook

Drop'n'Hook Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    hey muabbor is working for a contractor at Fedex ground good, do you make good money and miles and how is his equipment can you take the truck home and do they treat you good..:biggrin_25525:Thanks and be safe

6. muabbor

muabbor Bobtail Member

May 20, 2009
    Mpls Minn
    First off, pardon me for implying I was actually working for fed ex directly. Sheesh! As good as, but not quite, big deal.
    Anyway - week 1 went great! Went about 6000 miles with one night of about 5 hours to take a nap between loads, otherwise non-stop all day every day. And its not the busy season yet! :biggrin_1square10:Quite the change from being unemployed for a while! The guy who hired me is great - very patient and willing to put up with my variouse errors. His truck is 3 yrs. old, no scratches, no dings and clean as can be on the inside. We don't eat all that much, I'm still trying to learn how to sleep well on the topbunk in back and our truck stops are pretty stretched out pulling double trailers, but overall - I am now glad Swift, Werner and all them slave drivers passed me up.

LadyDallasDriver Thanks this.
  7. steelersfan

steelersfan Medium Load Member

May 9, 2009
    BRIDGEWATER, NJ
    Sounds like a good job, keep the post's coming.I would be careful sleeping on the top bunk while someone is driving. Unless there is some restraint system for the top bunk, you would be like a missle during a hard brake.

8. steelerfan67

steelerfan67 Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Lebanon, pa
    If that O/O has you sleeping on the top bunk while the truck is moving he better hope managment does not find out. They will cut him lose, they are very strict on safety. Also if he is running the extra board the miles will vary week to week. Good Luck!!

9. dgarrett0008

dgarrett0008 Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Riverdale, Georgia
    Sounds good and good luck with your career.

Keep your wheels on the road

10. LadyDallasDriver

LadyDallasDriver Light Load Member

May 5, 2008
    USA
    Yes I know! I am taking back and forth with one now! BUT THANKS

11. Drop'n'Hook

Drop'n'Hook Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    ok i have a question for solo drivers who work for a contractor or who is a contractor....If i get hired to fedex ground will they run me anywhere or will i do local back and forth to the same place...Cuz i would like to get out and go all over the place and not do back and and forth all the time..and how many miles would i average a week...:biggrin_255: Thanks and be safe

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.