Fed Ex Truck Flipped Due To Perp Throwing Objects At Truck

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. tallmon

tallmon Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Yes, this happened at 1AM on 7/12. Long log was thrown at windshield height at the driver as he was driving 55MPH. He swerved to avoid it. The log hit the side of his truck. They suspect it is someone from the condo complex next to where it happened. K9 unit tracked a scent to there. There were other instances of this happening in the area.

Sick ####### doing this.

3. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    If it were not for the dog, I would have blamed it on driver fatigue. Well if it were from a building it wont take much to figure out whom would do this. More than likely a 2nd floor window. Probably some one with a rap sheet.

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The perp throwing rocks, bricks or even cinder blocks from bridges above is actually attempting to murder you. Under Arkansas Law it's attempted homicide and lawful to draw and open fire on same.

I think they know this, not too often people go around chunking stuff...

5. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Unfortunately in Massachusetts (and most of the Northeast in particular)it's all too common. And not just at trucks-trains were targeted too,to a point where operators put metal guards on locomotives to protect the windshields (and engineers) from rocks and other debris.
    MBTA Commuter Rail - Wikipedia

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  6. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

More likely kids with no respect for life. I don't know why but I don't see people older than 20 trying this petty ante stuff unless they're protestors.

Having access to cars, women, liquor and guns gets you into a whole new level of 'up to no good'.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.